Do I need a revision? 5 months post op BA (Photo)

My left implant is bulging out the side. It hurts at times and I feel a constant uncomfortable pressure by my armpit and side boob. Also it seems like it's not dropping and I have a snoopy nose effect. What are your thoughts? Do I need a revision or will it correct itself with time, massages, and Singulair? I'm so upset with the way it looks.

Revision certainly can be performed to improve the outcome

There is utility in message, time and singular until such time as you become frustrated with the process, or no improvements are evident.  Under those circumstances a revision is something that can be undertaken without question.  When I am working with a patient through the process from the beginning, and the outcome is not achieved with the first surgery, we have the capability of performing revisions without additional cost to the patient because we have our own surgery center, neither the surgeon nor the anesthesiology fees are charged and the implants are replaced for free.

Implant problems

Based on your photos, the issues that bother you will not correct themselves.  You will need a revision surgery consisting of replacing your implant with a device that is more appropriately sized for your breast and frame, as as well as correction of what appears to be a constricted or short lower portion of your breast (a breast lift, for all intents and purposes).

See a board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your issues and suggest a correction based on an in-person examination.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear about your situation.  Based on your photos, this will not self-correct.  A revision procedure would be required involving a breast lift with possible exchange to different size implants.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD

Do I need a revision? 5 months post op BA

Thank you for your question and photos.  A breast revision with a breast lift will give you the most optimal result.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.  

Your result

I do not think the things that you are bothered by are going to self correct… Unfortunately you probably need a revision, and probably a lift as well.

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Problems

Clearly, by looking at your photos your breast shape needs improvement. Both breasts appear to have had existing sagging or ptosis prior to your implant surgery with the nipples to low on the breast. The standard way to correct this problem is a breast lift. The implant on the right breast appears to have an acceptable position on the chest but the left is to high. Also, the implants look to wide for your breast and are probably a high profile implant. So, unfortunately your breasts are not going to get better with time. The best option is to discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon who does revision type surgery and to be safe get more than one opinion. Best of luck and there is hope to make your breasts better.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Do I need a revision?

From the photos it is apparent both implants are sitting much to high and the breast tissue on each side is too low. Both need to be adjusted to get a look you will like. The problem partly stems from your natural breast ptosis or droop but is aggravated by the high implants which are not going to "drop". They need to be surgically positioned at the right level of your chest. We frequently see this look when a patient has had incomplete release of the lower part of the muscle and the muscle holds the implants up like a hammock. Other times it may be due to capsular contracture. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision After Breast Augmentation

I agree with other opinions previously posted here.  It looks like you likely need a breast lift (mastopexy) to correct your nipple position at the least although an in-person exam is best to really evaluate a patient's needs.  When there is some droop and a short base to the breast, an implant alone does not tend to correct the breast shape and nipple position.  Many surgeons will want to wait until you are at least 6 months out to make plans for any revision necessary.  Best of luck to you!

Revision?

You should have had a breast lift to start out with as you have significant ptosis that could not be corrected with an implant alone. Your implants are also too highly placed on your chest.  These issues will not be able to be corrected without surgery.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast surgery revision?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery; based on your photographs, your concerns are certainly understandable. Based on your concerns and photographs, I think that revisionary surgery will certainly be beneficial. Exactly what breast operation you should undergo your physical examination and goals. Based on your description and photographs alone, I think you will benefit from adjustment of the capsules, possible use of different implants, and breast lifting surgery.

My best suggestion: select your best surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well.  The use of goal photographs can be very helpful during the communication process. Best wishes.