What are the price quote and expectations for Rhinoplasty for my nose? (photos)

I need a rhinoplasty and look at doctors before and afters in my area and feel like I would not be happy with the results. Most I feel didn't change enough to make a visible difference. I'd like a dainty maybe kinda pointy feminine Jessica beil or Megan fox type nose. Is that possible or after surgery would I still end up WL an ugly ball??

Rhinoplasty Cost

Thank you for your question. It is understandable that you would like to have information about the cost of surgery as soon as possible. Your plastic surgeon must first complete a thorough evaluation before your individualized surgical plan can be developed. Following this, the fees required for your surgery will be discussed with you. While most insurance plans will not pay for aesthetic nose reshaping, they frequently will cover surgery performed on the internal structures of the nose to improve breathing problems. Your plastic surgeon can discuss this with you during your personal consultation. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

What are the price quote and expectations for Rhinoplasty for my nose?

Thank you for your question

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

You can have a more refined nose that is natural in appearance with a rhinoplasty. I perform these surgeries with closed technique to preserve the structure of the nose and minimize visible scarring.  The cost for a primary rhinoplasty generally costs from $5000 to $10,000.

Rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip repair

The bulbous tip can be caused from a t variety of issues, but most likely it is  due to wide, thick and divergent cartilages of the tip of the nose. The bulbous tip is adderssed with suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal. It's also important to make sure the remainder of the nose balances with the new tip. For more information, our price list, and many examples of bulbous tip repair, please see the link below

Average cost of rhinoplasty in San Antonio and expectations

Rhinoplasty is a personal decision. The uniqueness of the nose is as unique as the individual.  Skin type, ethnicity, and age are all important factors when discussing nasal surgery. Following a consultation, a joint decision will be made based on your desires, any functional concerns, patient photographs, and realistic expectations. In San Antonio, the average cost of rhinoplasty is $6,325 which may or may not include anesthesia and facility costs which are independent of the operation. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon