How much would a procedure cost to slightly thin the cartilage on the bottom/tip of my nose? (Photo)

How much would a procedure cost to slightly thin the cartilage on the bottom/ tip of my nose. I like the size of my nose when I frown but when my face is idle it is too thick for me. I have two photos, one of my relaxed face and one of my frowning face.

How much would a procedure cost to slightly thin the cartilage on the bottom/tip of my nose?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi there. Questions regarding cost are very fair and reasonable. Please understand, however, that it is very difficult to provide precise surgical pricing information without an in-person consultation and examination.

Just to explain, factors that affect cost include: primary versus revision surgery; open versus closed rhinoplasty; facility fees; anesthesia fees.

After your consultation you will receive a detailed written quote containing all pricing information.

Hope this at least provides some guidance. Best wishes and good luck. If you like, please refer to the article link below. The diagrams may provide useful information and help guide your consultation with your surgeon.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the large nose with hump, bulbous tip, etc

Rhinoplasty for the large nose with hump, bulbous tip, etc which is what it appears you have along with a depressed mid nose.  You cannot change just one thing without causing other problems therefore you need a complete rhinoplasty done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses. I need to see other views because it appears you might benefit from the chin implant as well to get better facial balance. These could be done together or separately.  look at the surgeons work to determine how to choose the surgeon's noses you like.

My comments

You have thick dorsum and a bump in it, I strongly recommend you do consider the complete rhinoplasty touching, as well as the tip, the bone.

About the tip itself: it is more broad than bulbous, and mainly I'd say is a tip poorly defined and this needs Sheen's tip grafting.

Do seek the opinion of a surgeon with experience in tip grafting.

Your case is technically feasible with either closed or open approach, however open approach allows a more accurate placement and fixation of tip grafts, this would be my advice.

Feasible under local and sedation if oly the tip is touched.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed and taught Rhinoplasty for over 30 years.  From the photo, your nasal bridge and tip are wide with an under-rotated nasal tip (makes the nose appear longer) and a weak chin.  If you are happy with the rest of the nose a Tip-plasty, without a full Rhinoplasty, can remove cartilage along the nasal tip area to thin it as you mentioned.  

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose look larger and the mid face appear top heavy.  Chin augmentation, with a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  If you wanted the rest of the nose thinned and refined, this can be done with a closed Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.  

Full rhinoplasty to narrow the tip in the bridge

It is very important to make sure all the components of the nose balance with themselves, and the entire nose balances with the patient's facial features. It is very rare to  perform only a tip rhinoplasty. Suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal are required to narrow the nasal tip. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow the bridge line. A full set of photographs are required to make any determination about the rest of the nose, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure.