Upper brow bone; I want to reshape my upper orbit. What do I do? (Photos)

I don't think I've been clear enough about asking my previous questions. I'm wondering if it's possible to shave the upper brow bone orbit, like round it out, I'm not talking about the big bone "Neanderthal" look. I'm talking about reshaping my upper orbits, to a more rounded out look, not so heavy and strong. I would like to remove fat and reposition my eyes and brow bone in the provided pictures below. Any suggestions and what are the specific procedures in order to accomplish the desired look.

Superior Orbital Contouring

You are referring to brow bone reduction that reduces the underside of the brow bone. This is known as inferior brow bone reduction. This increases the vertical distance between the upper and lower orbital rims and opens up the eye. Techniques to do so are either a coronal or upper eyelid incisional approach. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages

Brow shaping?

your question is difficult to answer without photographs of you. The picture that you show of a good example is a patient of mine.  Submit photographs as described on my website and those of others to determine if what you want can be done. 

Upper brow bone; I want to reshape my upper orbit. What do I do

Burring the upper outer orbital bone will soften the lateral aspect of the orbit, removing the over-hang. It requires a forehead lift type incision for access.

Julio Garcia, MD

Reshaping upper orbit

Hi there, 

It is possible to lift the brows from their position in the orbital bone and to contour the bone and soften the orbital rim. When the brow ridge is very pronounced, making the forehead flat and contouring it might require removing bone and setting it back. The reason the forehead bone grows like that is that there is sinus behind it that is filled with air (it is not solid bone).

Sometimes the incisions required to be able to modify the bone of the orbit are much larger than the ones you  need to only lift the brows. Therefore it might not be worth pursuing the bone contouring in some cases for subtle changes.

I hope this answer helps you!

Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper brow bone; I want to reshape my upper orbit. What do I do?

It seems all the photos you included are of others, and none of you. Without an understanding of your anatomy it isn't possible to give any advice. Shaving the orbital rim is a procedure surgeons perform.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD