Safe Pregnancy and Delivery After Receiving Permanent Sutures Three Years Ago to Repair Diastasis Recti?

3 years ago I received permanent sutures to repair a diastasis recti situation from top to bottom. The surgery and recovery went very well and has held perfectly since then. But I'd like to know if any problems/complications would occur should I get pregnant again now 3 years later after the procedure?

Pregnancy after diastasis repair may undo the benefits of the operation.

You should have no difficulty completing the pregnancy but the benefits of the operation may be undone at least in part.

Pregnancy after a tummy tuck is safe

HI familyabode.  The only risk is that you will stretch out your repair, and develop another diastasis.  If this happened, and if it bothered you, then you would need another repair.  There is no health risk to you or the baby. 

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Although our general advice is to schedule a Tummy tuck after one has completed her family, plans change, and quite a number of patients have had normal pregnancies after a TT, just as patients have had pregnancies after other open abdominal surgeries with closure of the abdominal muscles. 

All the best.