I'm a 14 year old male, how do I get rid of my under eye bags? (photo)

My bags aren't like every normal kids, mine are big and ugly. It runs in the family but mines worse. I'm 14 and I need advice on how to reduce my eyebags so I look less tired.

Doctor Answers 2

Bags under eyes and under 18

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
HI, if you consulted in our office and were over 18, we would recommend filler to your cheeks and under your eyes to give you some volume where that is lacking. Hereditary bone structure for some ethnicities is such that to make cheeks look fuller and thus change your genetic look you need volume. A solid cheek implant could be used, but I like filler because it can be placed exactly where you need it. Fat is the longest lasting and works well in you situation. At 14, you will need a parent's consent. 

Phoenix Dermatologist
4.8 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Bags Undereyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You are a little young to be worrying about the bags under your eyes.  I would suggest seeing a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in eye surgery/treatments like we do.  At your age some topical creams are useful.  If genetically your lower eye bags are more prominent, you will need surgery and/or filler in the future.  But you are underage, and it would be best to wait till you are 18 to decide on these types of decisions, unless your parents are willing to support you through it.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.