I got .5 cc of filler in my lips and a week later I can't notice the difference. How soon can I add more?

Lip filler

I would recommend waiting 2 weeks before adding more filler.  Incremental increases in lip volume helps keep it looking natural.

Thanks for your question! I would wait 2 weeks from the date you had the treatment, to see your "final" result without any swelling or bruising. 0.5 cc is a small amount, but that's okay, you can always do more. It's fine to take things slowly at first -- it will make for a more gradual change that is less obvious to others.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Final Result After Lip Augmentation/Adding More Product

Thank you for your question.  I would suggest that you wait 2 weeks to allow normal postprocedure swelling to resolve and to see your final result.  At that point, please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person reevaluation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you remain patient and allow the injectibles to take effect. Most patients augment their lips with injectable fillers which are repeated about once a year or even more often. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'd wait a couple of weeks to let any swelling subside, then have your dermatologist re-assess. You had a very small amount injected. Most of my patients want closer to a full syringe, sometimes more. I like Juvederm Ultra and Restylane Silk in lips. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Lip fillers

I would give it two weeks before adding more. I usually start with 1 cc and then go from there. Best of luck.

When can you have more filler in the lip?

Hello, and thank you for your question! I usually wait about two weeks - to be sure that all the swelling and bruising has gone done after the 1st round of injections. On a side note - half a cc will always be pretty subtle. I use half a cc when patients are very concerned about being too full. Most people will benefit from a full syringe. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Lip Fillers

You had a small amount of filler injected and depending on what cosmetic result you are interested in you may need another syringe or more for the full effect. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Adding more lip filler

This can be done at anytime after the swelling has subsided, which it seems it has. I think most people benefit from a whole syringe. My preference is Restylane Silk, because it can be most accurately placed because of it's small particle size.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip filler - how soon can I have more done?

Thank you for asking about your lip injections.
  • Ideally wait another week, to be sure swelling has subsided. 
  • Assuming your upper and lower lips were treated, you had a very small amount of filler
  • That's fine - it's always better to be cautious and have more as needed!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS