Can Rhinoplasty Make Nose Bigger?

I had rhinoplasty + septoplasty surgery, but I did not like my new nose, it is not sharp and too small for my face (as if I am punched from front to depress nose). Can I go second surgery, to make it bigger and more natural like, very small humps done by surgeon intentionally? And sharper. Result: I want my prior nose back.

Creating a Larger Nose with Rhinoplasty

Cartilage grafts may be indicated to restore volume to the nose if you feel it is too small.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Making the Nose Bigger Thru Rhinoplasty

The answer is - yes. In many cases, the nose can be enlarged if indicated. This includes adding to the bridge height as well as making the tip larger. If this is done, the nose can also be made to look sharper and more defined in the process. You need to consult with a board certified expert in revision rhinoplasty who has dedicated experience in doing this type of complex revision surgery.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Make Nose Bigger

Rhinoplasties can be done to enlarge a nose. I don't know why you want your old nose; remember, you did the original surgery to change an undesirable appearance. I  need to see pictures before making any specific suggestions.

Can rhinoplasty make the nose bigger?

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with your procedure. It is possible to augment the nose with a revision rhinoplasty. This would require a revision rhinoplasty specialist. It may not be possible to get your nose exactly how it was before your procedure, but improvements can likely be made. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty and uses computer imaging software. This will allow them to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I would recommend waiting one year after your initial procedure before considering any revision work. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

It is possible to perform an augmentation rhinoplasty using graft material to enhance the profile. Good luck.