Do I need gynecomastia revision? What can I do if my surgeon disagrees? How long until i can get surgery? (Photo)

i recently had surgery for my gynecomstia in both nipples removing breast tissue and using results are very disappointing in my opinion. This surgery isn't cheap and i needed it to work for the sake of confidence in myself. I am about 18% body fat currently and am planning to cut down to 10% for the summer im afraid i still won't be happy with the way my chest looks at the end of my diet. There are clear lumps in my chest that i can feel along with fat of course. Im upset please help!

Gynecomastia Revision

This surgical practice has treated a number of patients who have previously undergone gynecomastia surgery and felt that their results were not ideal, and who came to this practice seeking an improvement of their chest area appearance. The most frequently encountered problems are the following:
Liposuction only was performed, leaving behind a mass of breast tissue behind the areola.
Over-resection of breast tissue behind the areola resulting in nipple retraction, areolar indentation/depression, or chest area surface irregularities.
A deflated appearance from excessive tissue removal.
Unfavorable scarring from skin excision procedures.
It is obviously a very difficult and frustrating experience for a man to seek surgical improvement of a problem area that keeps them from being comfortable without a shirt on, and to end up with a post-surgical problem that leaves them with the same situation. The good news is that essentially all unfavorable results from prior gynecomastia surgery can be improved with careful preoperative evaluation and re-operative treatment planning.
The improvement of unfavorable results may require any number of surgical techniques including additional adipose and/or breast tissue removal, replacement of tissue using structural fat grafting and/or dermal-fat grafts, revision of scars, and removal of excess skin. While in some cases there are inherent limitations to the degree of improvement that is possible, most problems can be improved dramatically and some can be completely corrected.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

When Can a Revision Can be Made

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Do I need gynecomastia revision? What can I do if my surgeon disagrees? How long until i can get surgery

Thank you for submitting your question.  You did not mention when ypur suregry was performed.  In general, final results for gynecomastia surgery take 6 months. A revision can be performed if there is visible asymmetry after 6 months. The cost of revision varies on the Plastic Surgeon. Normally, the surgeon's fee in waived. There is a cost of the facility and anesthesia if needed. Some revisions can be done under local. Discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon. Best Wishes

It would be helpful to see prep photos as well.  The 2nd photo posted looks like you have extra skin as well, and this is always a problem in borderline patients. Patients with severe laxity are ok with the scars from skin excision but not everyone want the scars.

I am not sure if both posted pictures are post operative?
you still have significant amount of fat and probably breast tissue. One of the breast may have some excess skin and you and the surgeon need to be aware if that is the case because taking more fat and breast tissue may cause the skin to be wavy.
Get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon (American board of plastic surgery)
Samir Shureih MD. FACS