Is it too soon to do revision on my nose 1 month after removing the implant, only 4 months after the original rhinoplasty?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Revision Rhinoplasty Following Implant removal
I personally would recommend waiting several months (3-6) at the earliest for a more predictable result.
Revision of rhinoplasty after infection
- I wait at least 6 weeks, often 3 months after any infection,
- Swelling can make it harder to see what to do at surgery,
- That said, cartilage has a low infection rate.
- And if the implant was removed promptly, swelling may have been minimal.
- Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
- When in doubt, wait.
- Technically, you can remove the implant and then replace cartilage if you irrigate the area well
- You can also split it up between 2 operations, but then you are left with a low bridge and a nose that does not look normal
- Most of the revision wait time involves the tip because things can change over time, with an infected implant, you do not need to wait, you are compelled to do it
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.