How Long is the Recovery from Brow Lift?

I am getting a Brow lift in 2 weeks and I am wondering how long the recovery is?

How much pain will I be in after the procedure and how safe is it?

Recovery time from a brow lift

Recovery time from a standard brow lift is usually about 2 wks. Your recovery can be sooner if you can sleep without laying on your back. I generally advice my patients to sleep in their lounge chairs, easy chairs anything that will keep you from laying down. You can also buy those neck pillows people take with them on air-flights to help keep your head up right. Keeping your head elevated helps keep swelling and bruising at a minimum. Discontinue pain relievers that contain aspirin also helps. Usually, pain is not an issue with this procedure. Patients complain of  'tightness' more than pain. I ask that patients abstain from chewing anything that requires them to chew for too long. Do not do anything that will raise your blood pressure for at least 3wks ie, exercise, heavy lifting, straining, etc. Hope you find this info helpful, best wishes!

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Brow Lift

There are multiple ways to perform a Brow Lift and the recovery time can vary depending on the procedure performed.  Most people can return to normal, non-strenuous activities within 3 - 5 days.  It may take 1 - 2 weeks for visible swelling and bruising to resolve to the point that others cannot detect that a procedure was performed.  However, your body will be healing for several months after the procedure, but you will look good and feel good long before the healing process is complete.  Pain with Brow Lift procedures is typically mild, but the perception of pain varies from one patient to another.  I hope this information is helpful.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery for Brow Lift

Swelling from a brow lift occurs with the second and third day post-surgery and subsides after the fifth day. At this time, your bruising will be at its peak and you expect to have a full recovery of residual bruising 2-3 weeks post-surgery. Most patients feel comfortable returning to work 10 days after surgery.

Jay Burns, MD

Brow lift

To be  in a public eye I recommed the patient two weeks.  Most patient fell very good after three or four days and if you have brusses this are not retectable after a week for most patients.

Most patiets  can be in a public eye after two week with no detectability.   Discoloration desapeard after the first week in most cases, and minimal disconfort.

Your surgeon will manage your pain so you should only feel some moderate discomfort after your surgery and little to no pain within 1-2 days. Full recovery is about 2-3 weeks depending on your healing and following your surgeon's directions for post-op surgical care.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Greetings

Recovery and Results :

After the eyebrow lifting operation, the recovery period is really fast since it is a minor intervention and it is performed under local anesthesia. After the operation you won’t have any stiches but we advise you to wear a bandage for 3 days. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operation but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Brow Lift procedure

Hi and thanks for posting your question!
Recovery from a brow lift procedure is typically 2 weeks. During this time swelling and bruising typically peaks and regresses for the most part. Pain is typically limited to a headache and some numbness of the scalp which improves over time. Sutures or staples used typically come out at 2 weeks time as well. 
I have my patients hold off on heavy duty exercise or heavy lifting for 3 weeks and slowly ramp activity back up.
Best wishes!

At my practice, recovery from a brow lift usually takes around 1 to 2 weeks.

At my practice, recovery from a brow lift usually takes around 1 to 2 weeks. The majority of swelling and bruising takes place within the first 10 days, but patients can feel free to return to work after the bandages have been removed, which generally happens 1 to 3 days following surgery. There is less pain associated with brow lift recovery than people think, and prescription medications will be prescribed to help you through the first few days. After that, over the counter medications should be enough to manage any pain or discomfort. Brow lifts are very safe as long as they are performed by a skilled, board-certified facial plastic surgeon.

Brow lift recovery

One to two weeks is the typical recovery time for our patients who have a brow lift. There are activity restrictions during that time, such as refraining from strenuous exercise. Some bruising and swelling may persist after two weeks, but it can often be camouflaged with makeup. It is also typical to have some numbness in the area, which can last for several weeks to several months before resolving.

Vito C. Quatela, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift recovery

This really depends on the technique used and what you define as recovery. Standard recovery in brow surgery is 10-21 days. Usually after 2 weeks you can begin routine activity no matter which technique is used.  To decrease discomfort and swelling, laying with the head of your bed elevated (or in a recliner the first week or so) is very helpful.  Pain after the procedure depends on the technique used and the medication you are taking after surgery. This a safe and very satisfying procedure for both the patient and the surgeon.

Sean Paul, MD
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon