Thinning & straightening of nose

I have a slightly deviated symptom from being hit in the nose before, Is it possible or close to possible to get this nose shape and straighten my nose at the same time? About how much do you think it'll cost?

A thinner more defined nose

From what I can see and what you are selecting from the models, elevating the bridge, preferably with diced cartilage in fascia and then narrowing , supporting and reinforcing the tip should take you in the right direction. The septum which is deviated would be a good donor site for the cartilage.

Thinning & straightening of nose

I have reviewed your photos.  The lower 1/2 of your nose is a bit wide and the nasal base could be narrowed so that your overall appearance is a more narrow, giving the impression of a thinner nose.  It appears that your nose is slightly off center, this could be corrected.

Fred Suess, MD

Septorhinoplasty Candidate

Dear luckyladybug, Yes rhinoplasty surgery will address straightening and thinning the nose. In your case since you are currently diagnosed with a deviated septum then a combined procedure of septorhinoplasty would be performed. The"septo" portion will address the deviated septum and functional issues and the "rhinoplasty" portion will address the aesthetic changes that you desire. During consultation have your insurance information available so the office staff can check your benefits to see if the deviated septum portion of your surgery will be covered by insurance. Once this is determined then the office will provide you a quote for the aesthetic portion of your nose. Your nose is short and under projected and it is extremely important that you are in very experienced hands to ensure a natural looking rhinoplasty result that resembles your goal photographs. Since you are on real self now I would suggest looking at surgeons in your area in this format and find surgeons with many reviews. Read the surgeons reviews and if a large portion of those reviews are regarding rhinoplasty surgery then you know the surgeon denotes a large portion of their practice to this expertise. Then schedule some complimentary consultations, have digital imaging performed to see the proposed results taking into consideration your personal anatomy. Next review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure the results are natural looking rhinoplasty results and then you will be ready to make a very informed decision regarding surgery and your choice of surgeons. See the link below and video above for examples of how rewarding this procedure can be. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Result

Yes, you can get your nose straightened and thinned.  As for your other goals, you need to be very, very careful.  Your nose is both short and under projecting, and if you let an inexperienced, unskilled, or poorly trained surgeon perform a rhinoplasty on you, you'll likely end up with a shorter, less projecting nose, not anything like your goal noses. 

I would not look for a 'great price'.  You'll need a surgeon who is capable of creating and placing long, stiff grafts to augment your nose, not reduce it. Surgeons of this caliber are not inexpensive, and a reasonable rate would be $10000 to $15000. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty to narrow and straighten the nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing and straightening the nose. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow the bridge line. The dorsal hump can also be shaved down as well as the tip narrowed and refined. A septoplasty is performed for functional purposes when there is airflow restriction due  to a deviated nasal septum. Both procedures can be performed together if necessary. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Thinning and Straightenng My Nose

Your goals are reasonable and can be achieved by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will give you a natural result that will feminize your nose and make it proportional to your surrounding facial features. It will cost $7,000-9,000 depending on how much work is necessary to correct the breathing obstruction which will be covered by your insurance company within the limits of your policy.

Thinning and straightening the nose

Dear luckyladybug
it is a matter of routine to both straighten your nasal septum and modify the outside to give you a straight nose that also aesthetically looks the way that you want.  In most cases this can be done through a closed rhinoplasty. your nose can be made thinner and more defined to give you better proportion within your nose and between your nose and your face.
look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon certified by the American board of Plastic surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose etc

A rhinoplasty can straighten your nose as well as giving u a more feminine and attractive nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. Your insurance will pay for part of this surgery correcting your breathing issues. The cost varies with the amount of time but is about $7500. 

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD