How long should I wait to have an add on to a surgery that did not work? Endotine lift made me look worse than before

I wanted a lower face rejuvenation and Dr. suggested an endotine mid face lift. I asked about doing an s-lift too but was told I didn't need it and would get the result with the mid face lift. Now, one month post lift I am more self conscious about my face than before. My cheeks are lifted but my jawline and neck actually look worse than before. I also look oddly hollow right below my cheeks. When can I get the lower facelift done to fix this? Anything I can do in the meantime?

Secondary #facelift

I would recommend that you undergo a traditional facelift and would not consider a secondary surgery until 6 months-1 year. This will give your time for all the swelling and scarring to resolve. You also seem to like your postoperative 2 week photo with increased swelling and volume. Fat grafting or fillers can be used during your facelift to give you the long term volume that you are looking for. It is important to choose your plastic surgeon that is experienced in facial rejuvenation and facelifts. 

Facelift: choosing your plastic surgeon
Surgeons can be qualified for a variety of reasons, but you can help select one with the following info:
  • Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgeons
  • not ..... Board of Cosmetic surgeons
  • member of ASAPS
  • years of experience
  • referral from a friend who is happy

Endocrine lift

I'm not surprised that the endocrine didn't accomplish what you had hoped.  Your jowls appear pretty loose.  You should seek other opinions about your options, but in my experience, a standard but well done facelift is far superior to the procedure you had done.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Mini lift

I agree that for your jawline, the best procedure would be a mini lift or standard facelift.  I would recommend waiting until the swelling is resolved from your prior surgery and you have normal sensation to your skin before proceeding.  

Well it looks like the mid face lift did what is was intended to do but in reality you needed more a face lift.  Allow a few more months to heal more and then get a standard face lift.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

What to do after midface/cheek lift?

A straight forward face/neck lift or lower face/neck lift would be a good option. You can do it anytime; it will not interfere with your midface lift. One think that you must try to avoid this time is a surgeon that doesn't listen to your needs and desires. Good luck. 

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

MIdface lift

A mid face lift does not address jaw line or neck. If you decide to treat those areas, you probably should wait until you are healed from your mid face lift.  

Second opinion time for facial rejuvenation

Need time to understand if your surgery has met your goals and expectations.  If you are not satisfied time for a second opinion.

1 month post surgery. Some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

With just a month after surgery is too early to give you value judgments about final results. I recommend you to wait at least 6 months post surgery to talk about results.
If after that period of time your problem persist send your photos again to give you advices and recommendations.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

6 months

You should wait a total of 6 months after your first procedure before considering a revision.  I do see what you are talking about and I think a face and neck lift would address the issues of concern.  I personally stopped doing Endotine years ago

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Procedures

It seems that most patients benefit from revision surgeries once their initial surgeries have ample time to heal and take shape. Your endotine lift will continue to heal and your face will continue to change accordingly. I suggest you schedule a follow-up appointment so that your surgeon can monitor your healing progress and answer your questions/thoughts about revision as well as your reaction to the endotine lift.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon