Full facelift or mini facelift (plus upper eyelids)?

Wondering if I may not need a full face lift and instead have a mini facelift plus blepharosphy. Face rounded in profile but long and square in front view. Don't have excessive loose skin on jawline. Is there a cost difference between the mini and full facelift and can both be perfomed under local anesthetic with sedation. Feeling; heavy round the eye and brow area, lower face slack/dropping. Intend to have my nose made smaller,more feminine but am dealing with the face and dental work first.

Mini or full facelift

A lot of it depends on what your definition of mini or full is.  They mean different things to different people.  Mini facelifts often produce disappointing results because they skip important steps.  Judging by your photo, I would definitely perform a full facelift.

Full facelift v.s minni facelift using local anesthesia and twilight sedation

There are several different types of facelift techniques that are currently performed by facelift surgeons. The most important factor is that the technique that is used by a facial surgeon will create a youthful, natural with long lasting result. Experience is the key in facial rejuvenation. Vectors of facial tightening vary from patient to patient. For a 50-year-old patient, I would not apply the same vector and tension that I normally apply to a 70-year-old face. In addition, direction of vectors must be modified during secondary or tertiary facelift to avoid artificial look. I have performed well over 2500 facelifts and published a specific technique that describe the rotational angles and amount of tension that must be applied during SMAS plication to avoid over or under tightening. A well-performed neck lift during facial rejuvenation is the paramount in a youthful-appearing face. I apply gradual tension on my SMAS as follow: starting at temple area there is only 20-30% tension on muscle plication, once at the jawlines the muscle is tightened 100%. This prevent pulled looked at the corner of mouth. In neck area the muscle must be tighten with greater tension than 100%, depending on the neck laxity. Look at the doctor’s before and after pictures, a talented and experienced facelift surgeon will have a smooth and well-contoured neck that enhances the facelift results. There is no substitute in experience and artistic eyes.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Full facelift or mini facelift

When looking into a procedure like this, you need to see what is causing what you don't like in the mirror. The things that can be address surgically are the skin, the fat and the muscle. A lower face and neck with liposuction and an upper lid blepharoplasty would address your areas of concernDefinitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Facial Aesthetics for a consultation and more details. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Options for face

You really need to go for live evaluations. There are many different opinions you are going to get from thois type of forum. Yet none of them can do you justice without a surgeon being able to move your tissues to see how they respond, and to be sure of exactly what your goals are. good luck.

Both a "full" facelift and a mini-lift can be performed under sedation anesthesia. The choice depends on the patient and also your surgeon's operating room set-up and comfort level. Your neck is heavy and will require some amount of liposuction. Furthermore, you likely have fat in central neck below the muscle and you will require removal of this fat through an incision under chin. Your surgeon will have the define the term mini lift versus full-lift before you can make an informed decision. A full lift tends to give better and longer lasting results.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Full face/neck lift

You have a very full neck that will require a face/neck lift including dissection into the neck via an incision under the skin to correct.  I would also recommend weight loss before the procedure for the best and longest lasting result.  A mini facelift will not have an adequate result for your neck. 

Full facelift or mini facelift

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... I suggest you to have a full face lift with your upper eyelid. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Thanks for sharing.  Based on my experience, a mini facelift is beneficial to a very few select patients.  From what i can see you would benefit from a full lower facelift with neck lift and upper bleph.  A mini lift will have minimal lift in your neck.  You should get significant results with a proper face and neck lift.  Consult with several experienced facelift surgeon. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Eyelid lift and Facelift

Given your pictures and your description, I think that a face and neck lift is what is required. Your upper eyelids would also benefit from a blepharoplasty. A physical assessment by a qualified surgeon will be your next step. Hope this is helpful.

Surgery to make the face look more feminine

There are very specific structures and proportions of the face that create aesthetically pleasing feminine look.  A talented and artistic plastic surgeon will carefully assess the existing anatomy of the face and create a specific surgical plan to feminize the face.  In your particular case, an individually dezined face-neck lift, blepharoplasty and a rhinoplasty can significantly make you look more youthful, feminine and attractive.  Seek out an experienced surgeon with impeccable credentials to undergo these procedures.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon