How long is it normal to hold water weight from liposuction?

I had a BL & lipo preformed on my abs, flanks, and bra fat almost 8 weeks ago and I still weigh 6 to 7 pounds more than when I went in for surgery. I stayed off the scale for the first 10 days. But I have been hovering around 141 to 142 for about 5 weeks. I was 135 before surgery. I He removed 3 liters. My mid section is about an inch smaller than before but it seems like my butt and thighs have definitely gained some size. Is this normal?

Still Swollen--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone/Zwave to your aftercare

You can still have some swelling which will last 3-6 months after your procedure. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling.  I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

How long is it normal to hold water weight from liposuction

Thank you for your question. Your body may be still holding water and it may take 2-3 weeks more. Please follow instructions from your PS, healthy diet with low sodium.

Water retention after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Water retention does occur after liposuction as does swelling.
  • And some people do hold water for much longer than expected.
  • If you are the same weight that you were 3 weeks after liposuction, then it just sounds as though your body isn't ready to return to normal yet. It probably will in another month or two.
  • But if you may be gaining weight by eating more than usual - now is the time to get that under control.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS