I am 3 months post op and bigger after liposuction.

Is it common to blow up after liposuction? Although I still have a small roll on my belly, my mons pubis is only slightly smaller. My entire abdomen looks swollen. Is this normal at 3 months? My abdomen is a bit lumpy on one side.

Swelling Cessation after Liposuction--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, Cellutone/Zwave, Hyperbaric Oxygen

Yes, it is normal to have swelling 3-6 months after your procedure. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Blowing up after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Four things can make people not see improvement after liposuction.
  • First is swelling - it can take six months or longer to see the result and at times, it takes a year.
  • Second is gaining weight - liposuction recovery makes us inactive and it is easy to gain weight.
  • Third is not losing the fat that has been removed - liposuction removes fat but you will eat it back quickly unless you lose that weight, usually 5 - 10 pounds.
  • Occasionally the problem is the surgery itself but the others are more common.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS