When does the swelling subside? 8 weeks post lipo.

Lipo procedure on my hips and back was over 8 weeks ago. My hips still look large. I not have a smaller waist but my hips are larger then I like there was never .I am really worried it will stay this way.Not liking this right now.I forgot to add I went for at least 11 lymph drainage massages. Too embarrassed to post picture .

Post liposuction

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Staying away from salt will make a big difference in swelling. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Still swollen 8 weeks after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Liposuction swelling can be very frustrating and will take at least 6 months to fully subside.
  • However after liposuction, your best results requires losing some weight so you don't eat back the fat that was removed.
  • I suggest that as you wait for the swelling to go down, you start to exercise and to eat less - that way you will have your best possible result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Swelling may last for up to 6 months following any liposuction procedure.

Too Soon To Tell--Add Venus Legacy, Cellutone, Exilis Ultra to aftercare

Swelling can last 3-6 months after your procedure. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen along with your massages and compression to help reduce swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

4.9 out of 5 stars 167 reviews ubxvxybyrexfbbwrybzfey

Liposuction swelling

Swelling after liposuction will take 4-6 months to diminish.  At 8 weeks, most patients see a significant decrease in swelling.