Lipo burn. What medicine should I put on this burn? (Photos)

What medicine should I put on this burn? My doctor keep telling me to put thrombocid but I dont think is getting better. Thanks

Doctor Answers 3

Skin burn after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction skin burn.

  • I am so sorry this happened. 
  • Am I right that you had a laser liposuction done by someone who was not a qualified plastic surgeon?
  • This appears to be a full thickness burn.
  • If you are uncertain of your doctor's ability to care for this,ask to be referred to a wound clinic for care.
  • Burns like this need care for a long time while they heal and may need various treatments at different times. 
  • You cannot get the care you need on-line.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Burns Require Aftercare--See a Cosmetic Dermatologist

I recommend seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for wound care. I suggest silicone gel with growth factors and starting hyperbaric oxygen. This is going to lead to permanent scarring. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews


I would recommend Silvadene cream twice a day. It appears to be a full skin thickness burn so it will take some time to heal. Good Luck.

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.