Best Sunscreen Use Post Upper Eyelid?

Know it is imperative that a sunscreen be used after upper bleph (actually all the time on any exposed skin. Use a parasol whenever I can as well). Any suggestions on which brand gentle enough, in event the product migrates toward eyes? Also, how soon after stiches are out should that begin? Am two-weeks post. My PS didn't give any specific brands, and wondering if any of the doctors here have a suggestion. Thank you....

Sunblock

We normally wait at least 3 weeks to apply sunblock post upper eyelid blepharoplasty. That being said, avoid the sun as much as possible and certainly wear a hat and sunglasses. Many people have difficulty placing sunblock on the upper eyelids as it tends to get into their eyes causing irritation.

Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best sunscreen to use following blepharoplasty

We recommend using a Skinceuticals product - the Physical Eye UV Defense SPF 30.A delicate primer with a mineral base that is safe around the eyes. It creates a smooth canvas for optimal eye makeup application. I would wait about 2 week post-surgery before using this product, but that's something you should confirm with your surgeon.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Sunscreen after surgery

Dear Patient from Pittsburgh,
Some of my favorite sunscreens are those known as mechanical blocks.These reflect UV rays and contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. 
Also wearing good quality sunglasses and a hat when outside is advised.
I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post upper lid bleph

More important than the sunblock is to just make sure you wear sun glasses and a hat.  It would be pretty hard to sunburn your crease unless you are lying at the beach with no protection.  If you do put on sunscreen a high SPF is good.  However the skin after a surgery may be very sensitive.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sunblock post blepharoplasty

Thank you for posting your good question about sunblock use after blepharoplasty. Using  sunblock with SPF of 50 or higher is a good idea. The brand is not so important. Equally essential is use of sunglasses.  Good luck,