I have one eye bigger than the other; what can I do? (Photos)

Since i was a child i had uneven eyes my left eye is smaller than the other and it shows so much on pictures i went to 3 doctors before on my teens and they all told me that my vision is good and that nothing is wrong with my eyes except that they r unsymetrical and that the only way i can fix it is surgery i'm 20 years old and it really bothers me and i wish they were the same size.

Ptosis repair

Your photo reveals ptosis on the right side. Please see an Oculoplastic surgeon in your area to evaluate and treat your ptosis - this subspecialty is the most appropriate for the intricate details of levator surgery. If this drooping has been present since birth, the levator function may not be entirely normal - another reason to see an Oculoplastic surgeon. Ptosis surgery can be done as an outpatient procedure and has minimal down time with some swelling, bruising, and activity restrictions for a week. Best wishes!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis repair

Hello, You appear to have ptosis -- a droopy eyelid.  A consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon would be best to determine the best technique for your repair.  Good luck!

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to explore ways to adjust your eyelids. For example, the Blepharoplasty (or eyelid surgery) procedure can correct eyelid drooping issues that may cause your eyes to seem asymmetrical. Please provide better pictures as well so that we can delve into more detail in our assessments. Thank you. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes

The only way to achieve better symmetry would to have ptosis surgery on the right upper lid. You need to see an oculoplastic surgeon.  Best of luck 

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have ptosis.  See an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate the eyelid muscles and determine what surgery would be best to elevate your lid.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelids droop

You cave a congenital unilateral eyelids ptosis.  This condition can be repaired with a surgical procedure.  Seek out an experienced eyelids surgery specialist for an in person evaluation. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What to do for asymmetrical eyelids

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photo. You have ptosis (drooping eyelid) which can be corrected with one of a few techniques performed by an Oculoplastic Surgeon. Make an appointment for in person consultation.Good luck,