Why won't my boobs grow? And how can I fix it?

Hi. My sister has big boobs and so do all the girls in my family. I'm only a size 32a and the rest of my family has size 36d or bigger. Why won't mine grow? And also, what are the different options for making them bigger? I'm also extremely self conscious about my body because of it.

Achieving a Larger Breast Size

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. The size and shape of your breasts is genetic, and there is nothing that can be done to increase their size without surgery. My recommendation is that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. At this in-person visit, he/she can explain the breast augmentation process, show before/after photographs of their recent patients, and determine the best option to achieve your desired results.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation to discuss your concerns and for your Plastic Surgeon to examine you. They will be able to offer insight into reasons for your breast size and surgical options for you.
All the best

Breast implants! Breast size is partially genetic but if you desire larger breast see a few PSs in person for surgery.

GreetingsThank you for your question, your best soluation might be to have Breast Augmentation. Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon. It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Genetics impact the size of the breasts. If you want larger breasts, then you will likely require implants to do so.

Why do I have smaller breasts than my family?

Thanks for the question.You have learned what all Plastic Surgeons have known for years, in that every family member is very unique  and not quite like every one else.  Having noted this I would  consider that a naturally shaped breast augmentation may give you a beautiful result.  This style of implant is sized according to the width of your breast.  This should be the case for any style of implant to be considered.  Have your local Plastic Surgeon help you with this decision.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Science  has not yet provided the answer to that question you are asking about breast growth.  There is most likely a genetic and hormonal component to the process of breast development in puberty. Currently breast implantation with a silicone or saline  filled implant or fat transfer are the only techniques we employee to enlarge the size of a breast.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon