Should I remove the yellow tape on top of stitches? Breast augmentation

I had my ba 7 days ago and I am released to shower today. My doctor put me in a compression bra during my follow up and told me to remove the gauze and yellow tape over my stitches before I shower. I am reading a lot of places say not to remove the yellow tape. I just don't want to mess anything up. Please help!

Why not call your chosen surgeon to ask this postop question? I usually see ALL my patients on a 1st postop follow up within 3 days of the surgery, this allows most ear;y postop questions to be addressed!.

Your Surgeon Knows best

As every surgeon has his certain protocols you should follow his instructions. As you trusted to have the surgery with that surgeon you should follow his protocol to achieve the best results. There should be no reason not to be able to remove the xeroform gauze after seven days and shower if the wounds are not open.Good luck!

Removing tape

Your surgeon knows your case best so you should follow her/his instructions. I doubt there would be any reason not to. I allow my augmentation patients to shower the day after surgery without negative consequence.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to follow the advice of your operating surgeon as they are familiar with your surgery and your recovery process.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Best to do as your operating surgeon advises because he or she knows best as to the type of surgery performed and the best after care needed. Good luck!

Breast Augmentation

It is always best if you follow your surgeon's specific instructions for after your surgery.  If you have questions, or want to confirm your instructions, call the office and have them explain your surgeon's protocol.  Best of luck !

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.The best thing you can do is follow your surgeon’s aftercare instructions. They know your anatomy and surgery best so they can provide the best and most accurate post op care for you. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Yellow tape

Thank you for your question.  It is best that you do not listen to what you read on the internet.  For the best recovery you need to listen to what your surgeon advises you to do. 

Ask you surgeon

I would follow the guidance of your surgeon.  Not what is on the net.  The xeroform gauze can be removed.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS