Can Juvederm Voluma work for the jaw line?

Is Juvederm Voluma only for the cheeks or can it also be used for tightening of the jowls? My friend said that only Radiesse is used for the jowls.

Voluma is a great filler

Voluma is a relatively new product that many patients are just now becoming familiar with. I have been using it in my practice and seeing amazing results for my patients. Voluma is a great injectable filler for the jawline, giving it a a tighter, more contoured appearance. Make sure you go to an experienced injector in order to get the best results.

Voluma is a great filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Jeuvederm Voluma For the Jaw Line

Juvederm Voluma works great for the jawline and is a frequent location that patients really benefit from.

Jeuvederm Voluma For the Jaw Line

Voluma for the jawline

Hi,
Voluma can be safely and beautifully used for the jawline with a micro cannula.  With the micro cannula , you can avoid injuring important nerves and vessels in this area.

Warmly,
Dr.Liu

Voluma for the jawline

Hi,

Warmly,
Dr.Liu

Voluma for improvement of jowls

I like to use Voluma in the cheeks which fills the volume and gives a mini-lift to the jowl area.  This is great for patients who aren't ready for a facelift or don't have the recovery time for surgery.  It is performed in the office and can even be done on the same day as your visit.  You can drive yourself home.  Although there is a small amount of bruising and swelling, your results are practically immediate.  Best of luck!

Voluma for improvement of jowls

Juvederm Voluma in Jawline

Juvederm Voluma is common injected to improve the appearance of the jowls.  Voluma can be injected in the depression in front of the jowls to hide it or in the jawline above the jowls to give a slight lift.  Voluma works well in the jawline and cheek area.  I do not use it in the area close to the eye or tear trough.  

Juvederm Voluma in Jawline

Voluma for the jaw line

Voluma is FDA approved for use in the cheeks, however it can be used with excellent results "off-label" in areas such as the chin and jaw line. This is an advanced technique so make sure you choose an experienced injector. Best of luck. 

Voluma for the jaw line

Voluma and jawline

Although Voluma is FDA approved for cheek augmentation, I would also consider using Voluma in other areas where support and volume is desired such as the jawline.  I would hold off on areas where the tissues are thin and supple like the lips and tear trough areas.  Definitely go to an experienced injector when considering 'off-label' use of these products.

Voluma and jawline

Voluma for jaw line

Voluma was FDA approved for use in the mid face and checks. It can be used off label in other areas as long as you are aware that that is an off label treatment. It is similar to using Botox for forehead wrinkles as Botox is only FDA approved for frown lines and crow's feet.

Good luck

Voluma for jaw line

Good luck

Sculptra or Radiesse for the jawlin

Voluma can be used in the jawline, but the method of injection in bolus form may not be appropriate for that particular area. Instead, Sculptra or Radiesse have good safety and efficacy in the jawline area and is preferred in our office.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Sculptra or Radiesse for the jawlin

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Voluma mid face injection

Jaw would be an off label use. Voluma is an ideal treatment for enhancement of the mid face. It works beautifully to correct malar fat descension and aging of the mid face. In some case it is been shown to last up to 2 years. It is not FDA approved for any other location other than mid face. It is a deep injection just off the bone and requires expertise in injecting. It should only be injected by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
I would recommend you discuss your issue with a board certified dermatologist.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma mid face injection

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon