Would 425cc mentor ultra high profile smooth round or 450cc mentor high profile smooth round make my breast bigger? (photo)

Chest width13

Would 425cc mentor ultra high profile smooth round or 450cc mentor high profile smooth round make my breast bigger?

Thank you for your question. It's important to remember that a 25cc difference between those two implants is only 2 tablespoons of volume. This isn't very much and would likely not be that noticeable. The higher the profile the more "augmented" someone tends to look.

The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. 

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast implant size for revisionary breast surgery?

Sorry, but there is not enough information here to provide you with meaningful advice.  Your plastic surgeon, knowing the details  of your situation, will be your best resource when it comes to good assessment, advice, and/or meaningful prediction/reassurance.

Having said that, assuming your procedure was done recently ( the posted photograph is a recent one), I would suggest: patience. Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 

There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.

Dear bbgel

The issue of volume vs shape are important. 425 vs 450 is a small volume difference. Generally not very discernible in most patients. ultra high implants are taller and narrower and provide a different look. They both make breasts bigger but the final shape would be different. I find that ultra high profile implants generally do not look as natural as a moderate plus implant. A high profile is simply put, splitting the difference leading to a taller breast than a mod plus. 

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Not big difference

it won't be that big a difference but obviously 450 would be bigger. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

David S. Rosenberg, MD