Why do my breasts still look like this after symmastia repair? (photos)

I am 6 days post op from having symmastia correction. I had 600cc implants that had caused the issue and my surgeon has removed them and replaced them with 400cc implants, much better suited to my body. He has tried to repair the symmastia using internal stitches to seperate the uniboob. Why do my boobs look like this and will they look normal once healed? I still feel like the symmastia is present. Many thanks.

Symmastia Healing Process?

After undergoing a symmastia repair, it can take 3-6 months for everything to stabilize and the final result to be achieved.  The internal pocket needs to heal and become strong, and the skin that was previously elevated needs to get used to being back on the chest wall again.  I ask my patients to wear a thong bra for at least three months as much as possible to help support the midline and get those tissues to settle down.  At six days out you are still very nearly in the healing process so I recommend being patient and following your surgeon's postoperative care instructions.  I hope this helps.

Too soon post-op

Too difficult to tell, you are only 6 days post-op. difficult to know if the repair will work long term, it appears you are significantly swollen in the sternal area of repair, it will take time to know if the repair worked. 

Why do my breasts still look like this after symmastia repair?

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to your specific healing and concerns.   Generally speaking, it does take time (several months) for patients to see the final outcome after this type of surgery. For example, swelling will dissipate and breast skin/tissue that was previously elevated will take time to "bounce back" after downsizing of breast implants and capsulorraphy surgery.  I find that the use of compressive tape/dressings along with the "symmastia bra"  may help during the healing process.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.