How do I fix my asymmetrical face and ugly nose, uneven nostrils?! Is rhinoplasty needed? Help me. (photos)

I want to know what exactly is wrong with my face. It is so asymmetrical. The left side) side of my face I love so much. But the right side seems so off. My eyebrow is lower, nose is pointier and bumpier, nostrils are bigger and lips are uneven. What do i need to do to fix this. Im scared as I get older the differences will become more evident and my face will look so asymmetrical. Is rhinoplasty necessary. What kind do you think will help my situation? help me.

Asymmetrical Face and Ugly Nose

Your nose can be improved by removing your hump, narrowing and refining you asymmetrical tip, and lifting your hanging columella (the strip between your nostrils). A chin/jowl implant will improve jaw definition and improve proportions in your lower face while actually making your nose look smaller. I cannot comment on your other facial asymmetries because none of the pictures show both sides of your face so I can make a comparison.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Facial asymmetry

All patients have some facial asymmetry.  This is normal. If you are unhappy with your nose, then a rhinoplasty may be the solution to improve its features.  Good luck.

Treatment for asymmetrical face, weak chin and, uneven nostrils

From the limited photographs, it appears that there's an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump along with an asymmetrical nasal chipn. In addition, there is a weak and recessive chin profile. Consider the combination of a rhinoplasty and a chin implant to help with significantly with facial balance and proportions. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, and narrowing the nasal tip along with making it more symmetrical and less bulbous. Consider placement of a small chin implant  to augment the chin forward to help with the overly projecting nose. Chin implants are composed of silastic, and are manufactured in large variety of sizes and shapes. They can also be custom carved when needed to match patient's unique anatomy.  Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your specialist very wisely based on extensive experience.For more information  and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your facial appearance. You may benefit from a rhinoplasty with a hump reduction and tip refinement. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. In regards to your lips, you may want to consider trying a lip filler to make them more symmetrical. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

All of us are asymmetric but there is hope!

Hello and thank you for sharing your photographs. While they aren't the greatest quality I can see a few things which may be causing your frustration. All plastic surgeons should be taking photographs to point out inherent asymmetries in the face. Pointed out prior to surgery this is called education, pointed out after this is called an excuse. These asymmetries are notoriously difficult to correct as all of us have a "strong and weak side". Surgery can improve such things but rarely can absolute symmetry ever be truly achieved. That being said your left maxilla looks a bit underdeveloped causing the left nostil to sink more than the other. Perhaps a rhinoplasty could help but an in depth in-office consultation would be needed. 

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon