Can I leave my piercings in during BBL surgery?

I'm aware that all piercings must be removed during surgery, but I'm afraid if I take mine out, they will all close because they are new. I have a tongue piercings, along with ears. Is there any kind of clear or plastic jewelry that would be okay to put in the holes during surgery? Thank you!

Plastic surgeons usually require patients to remove their body piercings...

Plastic surgeons usually require patients to remove their body piercings before a surgical procedure. This is standard protocol, to ensure that there will be no untoward incidents during the operation. The surgeon uses an electrosurgical device or a cautery machine to control bleeding; and body piercings, especially those made of metal, put the patient at risk for burns. You may use plastic jewelry to replace the metal. However, for hygienic purposes and to prevent infection, it is advisable to just remove any kind of piercing. Moreover, if general anesthesia is used, your gag reflex will be suppressed. Having tongue jewelry may cause aspiration (i.e. when the object gets into your respiratory tract). You need not worry, as the Brazilian butt lift surgery would only take a few hours, and the holes would not close that quickly.

I would ask your surgeon about this as there are several factors to consider here.

Piercing and surgery

I think that it is best to ask your surgeon to whether or not you have to remove them before undergoing surgery.  Best of luck.