Does Juvederm that is diluted with lidocaine not last as long?

I had one syringe of juvederm voluma injected in upper cheeks both sides and around vermillion border of lips and one syringe of juvederm xc diluted with lidocaine injected right below upper cheek area in hollows of cheek area, since it was diluted will it not last as long? Doc said it's diluted in lower cheek area because there's no bone for it to stick to so it has to be built up. Im hoping it wont last very long because it seems too full for me and would love for it to go away quicker. Thank you!!!

Juvederm mixed with lidocaine should not change the longevity of the product.  The lidocaine is simply used to make the treatment process more comfortable.  If you are unhappy with your results I would recommend returning to your injector to discuss the situation.  There is a product available that can dissolve the product if you so desire.

Lidocaine and Filler Injections

there is no reason adding a small amount of lidocaine would change the length the filler would last in the body.  I suggest seeing a filler expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm with Lidocaine

Hi Lolo, Juvederm is commonly mixed with Lidocaine for patient comfort and has no impact on the longevity of the product. If you are dissatisfied with your results I would follow up with your injector and see if it would be worth having the product dissolved.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon