Can Voluma be further spread after initial injection? (Photo)

I got voluma a week ago with one syringe split between the the two cheeks. I like the overall effect, but there is an obvious lump on one side. It seems like it needs to be further spread upwards towards the top of my cheek bone. Is this possible a week after injection?

Voluma Spread?

Voluma is an amazing product that works by being placed deep for optimal results.  It should not,  in theory "move".  However, this looks like it may have been placed a little low and maybe not deep enough.  Voluma is an HA and  it can be dissolved.  I would follow up with your provider and they can evaluate you and  offer the best treatment plan. 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can voluma be spread?

Unfortunately I think you may need to have this dissolved.  The way voluma works is that it maintains it's shape so is is not possible to massage this product. It appears that the voluma was placed too low and superficially.  Fortunately the dissolving is easy and works well. Hope all works out with you. Good luck!

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lump After Voluma

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend that you follow-up with your provider regarding your concerns with your Voluma injection.  Your provider could attempt massage to smooth it out or could dissolve the product
with Vitrase if it was necessary.  I hope you found this helpful and best of luck.

Take Care,
Dr. John Serrao

Lump After Voluma

I love Voluma but it has to be injected deep to get a fabulous result.  It appears from your photograph that there is a lump that needs to be dissolved with Vitrase. Best, Dr. Green

Lump after filler

I would return to your practitioner to discuss your  options for the areas that you don't like after waiting a couple weeks for swelling to resolve... this includes hyaluronidase to reverse the filler.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Voluma caused a cheek lump

Thank you for asking about your Voluma.

I suggest you return to the doctor who treated you and have this massaged to try to smooth or re-position it.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Can Voluma be further spread after initial injection

It would be unusual to be able to move Voluma one week after it has been injected. However there may be other reasons why there may be with blood under the skin, or it is also possible that there is some swelling. It would be wise to wait a bit more to allow the swelling to subside. If you feel needs to be removed, there are a couple of techniques that will possible in most cases.

Voluma for the cheeks

Voluma is very effective for treating the hollowing and flattening in the cheek region.
Usually 1 syringe for both cheeks is not enough, but that is patient dependent.
If you have any lumps or assymetries, then you can gently massage them.
Speak with your injector for specific advice though.
All the best!

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon