I am looking for suggestions to make my chin less prominent. I especially hate the way it make a my profile look. (photos)

I am interested in hearing about options that might help make my chin less prominent. My chin appears t stick out too far away from my chin. I believe my issue may both be a combination of bone and soft tissue. If I cant fix the issue fully without full jaw surgery, I am interested in options that will help make it look "better." I have a budget to keep in mind so prices ranges for each option would be extremely helpful with a idea of recovery times as well.

Strong chin and jaw

You do have a prominent appearing chin.  This is partly because you have a strong jaw bone, but your petite nose makes it appear relatively even larger.  Your jaw line is strong all the way back to the area under your ears, and is slightly uneven.  To optimally address all of these issues I would recommend contouring your entire jaw bone to create a nice feminine shape that better fits the rest of your face.  When I perform this procedure I do it through your mouth without any visible incisions. Make an appointment with a surgeon who performs mandible contouring regularly and they can tell you about the surgery, recovery, and what changes to expect. 

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Chin Reduction

Your type of chin reduction is best done through a submental approach where both the bone and excessive soft tissue chin pad can be horizontally reduced. The chin can also be narrowed a bit since you have a wide jawline and more square lower facial shape. You do slap have jaw asymmetry but this appears to be more in the jawline behind the chin.

Prominent chin

you have a 'low angle/flat' jawline growth pattern with a 'square' frontal appearance. This makes the chin more prominent and certainly look more prominent since the area around the mouth/nose will appear more 'shallow'. The ideal is to increase the height of the facial structure/increase chin height; and add some fullness to the area of the nasal base/lips to deaccentuate the chin. Not uncommon. Consult  Maxillofacial Cosmetic surgeon

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon