Had genioplasty, still unhappy (Photo)

Had genioplasty to move my chin forward 8mm, though I feel it is still weak. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Had genioplasty still unhappy

Thank you for your query.I am sorry to hear you are still unhappy following your surgery. I would recommend you take this up with your surgeon. Your nose/upper lip/chin line shows an improvement.Kind regards.

Weak chin

It appears you did have a reasonable outcome from your genioplasty. An 8mm genioplasty advancement is a fairly large advancement(around 10mm typically being the maximum for an osseous genio adv). I am guessing you did not have an isolated small chin, you likely were retrognathic and your entire mandible(lower jaw) was small also. Your teeth may not line up completely appropriately and a better surgery for you may have been a sagittal split adv of your mandible in addition to your sliding genio. I recommend discussing your dissatisfaction with your surgeon and see what he/she can offer to help you. If they cannot help you, seek a consultation with a properly trained Oral surgeon or plastic surgeon, in NYC I think there are even a couple of surgeons that are trained in both Oral surgery and plastic surgery.Good luck