Does Getting a Nose Job, Drastically Change Your Face?

If you get a nose job can it drastically change your face? Would it just enhance features? Would your lips look fuller or eyes look bigger? I know this may be a shallow question, but can someone go from a 7 to a 9 or 10 (on level attractivnes) after a nose job?

This is an excellent question and one that may confuse many patients.  Aesthetically speaking a Rhinoplasty is performed to improve the appearance of the nose making it less noticable.  The aesthetics of facial beauty, as outlined in my book "What's Your Number...The Palmer Code" state that the cheeks, eye area and lips are the most important features in creating beauty, not the nose.  When the nose has some attribute that draws attention to itself, this happens at the expense of taking attention away from these top facial features.  Once the nose is more aesthetically shaped, these facial features become more noticable but they themselves are obviously not changed as no surgery was done upon them.  Hope this helps.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rhinoplasty??

Repeated sceintific studies have shown that when you look at someone you first look at their eyes then, you track to their nose and mouth. Anything attractive in these primary areas of focus can create a favorable impression. 

Yes, several stars have had cosmetic surgery on the faces which has moved them in to a more appealing position such as Marilyn Monroe- Nose & Chin, Julia Roberts- Nose & Chin, etc. Make sure your surgeon knows your intentions.

May I suggest you first write down what you realy like about your face then, in a second columb write down the three things youy would like to change. For example: My foward is attractive like Godlie Hawn. My eyes are wide set like Michelle Pfeiffer. These are my best features but, I belive I have Barabra Streisands nose. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty??

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

The nose is in the center of your face, if it's too large it can distract. If it fits, if it fits the rest is better appreciated

There are a number of reasons why people look better after rhinoplasty. Of course a smaller nose fits better but it also distracts less and others see the rest of your face. A professor of mine used to say "the sign of a good nosejob is in the eyes."

There are also often changes in people's self reliance after getting nasal surgery. This boost in self confidence often out-strips the surgical changes.

A rhinoplasty specialist can discuss and often demonstrate changes on a computer imager to view potential changes.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Does getting a nose job drastically change your face?

Hello, having a rhinoplasty can provide drastic changes if that's what you're hoping to achieve. It can also provide slight changes. Depending on how much your nose is changed will determine how the rest of your features will look post operatively. I suggest that you schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. When the surgeon does photo imaging you will get a good idea of your end results. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

David Alessi, MD

How much of a facial change can be expected after rhinoplasty

A well-done rhinoplasty usually provides a nice enhancement to the facial features by restoring/ enhancing facial balance.  The changes are usually not drastic (although this partly depends on the degree of nasal imballance/ deformity preoperatively) but noticeable, and if the nose is the only part of the face causing some disharmony, then rhinoplasty can bring someone from a 7 to a 9/10.

Change

Natural beauty from facial surgery can be thought of in terms of "colors."  Some color combinations are very attractive to certain people while completely different colors will suite the tastes of others.  Therefore, it is vital that the Cosmetic Surgeon & Patient are on the same wavelength (pun intended).  Communicate with a Cosmetic Surgeon who understands what you like and a surgeon who has the experience necessary to create the needed change.

Change

Yes: Facial Aesthetics Can Be Impacted

Rhinoplasty definitely has the potential to dramatically impact the aesthetics of the entire face. When performing rhinoplasty surgery, the nose must always be considered in the context of other facial structures.The best results are obtained when surgery results in balance, proportion and harmony between the nose and other facial structures.
In many cases, subtle changes can drastically impact facial aesthetics by bringing the nose into alignment with other facial structures. This may ultimately make the chin appear more prominent or make the eyes look larger. Ultimately, these changes improve facial aesthetics by improving facial balance and proportion.
It’s hard for patients to visualize how rhinoplasty can impact other facial features. For this reason, we routinely utilized preoperative computer imaging in rhinoplasty patients. This procedure helps patients visualize how rhinoplasty effects the surrounding facial structures.
If you’re concerned about how rhinoplasty surgery will impact your overall facial aesthetics, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to use advanced technology to illustrate these changes.

Yes: Facial Aesthetics Can Be Impacted

Nose Jobs Can Dramatically Improve Your Attractiveness

The nose is the most central and prominent feature on the face; however it should not be the first feature that attracts an onlooker's attention. Ideally, the eyes and smile are noticed first. If your nose is overly prominent or no in balance with the face, it can detract attention from the rest of your face. A nose job helps put your face into harmony, allowing your natural beauty to shine through. A well-performed rhinoplasty can easily take someone from “7” to “9” or “10,” but this will vary by individual. I hope this helps.

Many people's rhinoplasty results are not noticed by friends and family.

A goal of rhinoplasty is to improve a distracting nasal appearance. If you have dissatisfaction with your nasal appearance, consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you. Hope this helps. Dr Joseph.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty changing your face

This is actually a great question. Yes, a Rhinoplasty could dramatically change your face for the better, if done correctly by a board certified plastic surgeon. The nose is a significant feature of the face and you want it to enhance your features and confidence. Hope this was helpful, best of luck!Double board certified 
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 
Barrington
Oakbrook 
Chicago

Rhinoplasty changing your face

Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 
Barrington
Oakbrook 
Chicago