Chin implant with orthodontics?

is it possible to do chin implant while getting orthodontics (invisalign...)?

The implant will not negatively impact the orthodontics.

Chin implants are placed through a small incision on the underside of the chin. The implant will not negatively impact the outcomes of the Invisalign orthodontics. Additionally, the Invisalign will not negatively impact the surgical procedure. The procedure is done as an outpatient surgery under anesthesia. Consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon is imperative in order to determine the size and shape of the desired chin implant. 

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a chin implant with invisalign?

Yes, invisalign like orthodontics helps with straightening the teeth but does not bring the chin forward? That is done with either an implant or actually what's called a sliding osteotomy. I have been doing more with just injecting fillers. It may not last that long but patient are able to see what it looks like for up to a year.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Orthodontics and chin implants

Yes, you can have a chin implant or a genioplasty surgery during your orthodontic treatment or Invisalign. This procedure will not interfere with your orthodontic treatment.

Chin Augmentation with Orthodontics is Fine

Dear tfg, I perform chin augmentation often with patients who have various forms of orthodontic work in process and invisalign is not a problem. Seek consultation and have imaging performed to see how chin augmentation will improve your profile. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin Implant

Having Invisalign or any form of appliances on your teeth does not interfere with the technique or aesthetic implications of having chin implant surgery.

Chin implant with orthodontics

In our practice, we have performed many chin implant procedures before, during, and after orthodontic  braces. Chin implants are placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as outpatient surgical procedure. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. For more information, many before-and-after results, and diagrams of the implants themselves,  please see the link and the video below

Chin implant

Thank you for the question and chin augmentation certainly can be performed with orthodontic devices in place.  The real question though is if this would be the right choice if you are already undergoing orthodontics and whether your recessive chin could be corrected in the context of orthodontic surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Is it possible to do chin implant while getting orthodontics (invisalign...)?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my humble opinion, there would be no issues undergoing chin implant surgery while you have invisalign since we place the implant through a small, curved incision under the chin.

Hope this helps.