When will I stop feeling my chin implant edges? (Photo)

My chin implant doesn't look crooked but I can feel the edges and it wasn't placed very symmetrically. You cannot really tell looking at me straight in. I've been noticing indentations from the sides of where the implant is and my cheek fat makes it look weird.

Chin implant movement

The chin implant is placed against the bone and you should not be able to feel it. It is posible that the implant has migrated or moved. I recently removed a chin implant that had moved to one side and was asymmetrical. In my practice, I secure chin implants with tiny bone screws so that they remain in the correct position. I recommend that you follow-up with your surgeon.

Chin Implant Concerns

Dear spice, Your implant edges should not be palpable and visible so see your surgeon for a follow up appointment. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Edges

Thank you for the question and you should not be feeling edges of your implant so see your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD