I have a mole on my back which keeps growing and a non-mole mark type thing, which hasn't changed but still worries me. (photos)

The mole sits on my spine, under my bra. It gets irritated easily and then causes like an ache. I have nerve damage in the same area (cause unknown) but I am worried it's all interconnected. The other mark may be a birth mark, but it looks kinda suspicious to me

Doctor Answers 2

Changing mole

Any changing or irritating mole should be assessed in person by a dermatologist who will be able to determine whether such mole is benign or requires a biopsy. I suggest that you see a cosmetic or surgical dermatologist who can then provide you with options for removal without leaving a significant scar. 

Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Changing and irritated lesions

Thank you for your question. Lesions that look like moles can actually be other types of growths that we get as we age or could be malignant (cancerous). In my opinion, any new or changing lesions should be evaluated by a dermatologist, who uses an instrument called a dermatoscope to evaluate the lesion under higher magnification. If there are any abnormalities, then a biopsy should be performed for further evaluation. So I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your growths evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.