Non-surgical Nose Job Procedures to Reduce Nose Size?

Are there any non-surgical procedures to make my nose smaller, or is surgery my only option?

Non surgical rhinoplasty isn't for big noses

Unfortunately injectable rhinoplasty by its very nature can't make your nose smaller. Very occasionally a 'liquid rhinoplasty' can create the illusion of a smaller nose, but this is rare. Injectable rhinoplasty is for creating straighter nasal bridges, straightening slightly bend noses and for 'touch ups' after rhinoplasty.

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves using fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane to augment the nasal dorsum or tip region to create an improved look. I would caution against using Radiesse for this procedure. Your limited view shows that you would benefit more from a chin implant to improve your profile than adding filler to your nose. It's not feasible to decrease the size of your nose with fillers. Hope that helps.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for the Big Nose

Technically it is not possible to reduce the size of the nose with a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty.  However, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can make some noses look smaller.  Some examples of change the shape to create the appearance of a smaller nose:

1. A nose with a deep radix and a large bony hump.

2. A nose with an deep angle between the upper lip and the bottom of the nose (acute naso-labial angle).

Based on the one profile photograph, I would recommend an endo-nasal reduction rhinoplasty.  However, in general it is best to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for more specific advice and photo-morphing to obtain the best results. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: Benefits and Limitations

Injecting fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse, in the nose can be helpful for certain patients who would benefit from additional volume in certain specific areas. Adding filler can cause certain noses to appear less deviated, improve symmetry, and fill indentations after prior rhinoplasty. Sometimes, adding filler above a hump can make it appear less prominent. 

However, there is no nonsurgical way to make a nose smaller. I would recommend that you seek consultation with a surgeon who performs both traditional (surgical) rhinoplasty as well as nasal fillers. That way, you would have access to all the different options out there for your nose. Computer imaging is a very valuable exercise during the consultation, for you to express your aesthetic goals and for the surgeon to express what she/he could do with fillers vs. rhinoplasty. Lastly, from your photo, it appears that you may benefit from a chin implant as well, as a more projecting chin will make your nose appear more balanced with the rest of your face. 

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty involves injections of fillers into the nose to alter shape.  While injections can camouflage undesired aspects such as a dorsal hump, it isn't possible to make a nose smaller with injections.  In your situation, surgery is really the only option. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Reducing nose size

While there is no method to reduce the size of the nose without nasal surgery the relative size of the nose can be made to appear smaller and more appropriately proportioned with lengthening of the chin (if indicated).  
In the case of a slightly larger nose and a short chin, increasing chin projection with an implant or a sliding genioplasty will help to improve facial harmony even if a reduction rhinoplasty cannot be done at the time.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

A reduction rhinoplasty is not obtainable with non-surgical modalities

Thank you for your image, and question.  I find this to be a common question. While I have seen some dramatic improvements with non-surgical modalities, a reduction rhinoplasty is not a contour procedure.

In order to achieve a reduction in size, an operative procedure is required since this is a subtractive procedure, not additive as adding a filler is.

Sergio P. Maggi, MD, FACS

drmaggi.com

Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Non surgical rhinoplasty

It may sound counterintuitive but, adding filler to the nose can give the appearance of making it smaller.  Obviously injecting a filler into the nose will add volume to it. However, if the product is placed in discrete amounts, in the right areas, cosmetic improvement is very attainable.  Whether or not this would benefit you would require a careful exam of your nose by a physician versed in fillers in this very delicate region.

Mark Murphy, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Injectable rhinoplasty using facial fillers has become very popular over the past few years.  They can be a good alternative to surgery it patients need to build up or add to depressions along the bridge of the nose.  They are called filler, because they add volume, so these products cannot be used to make the nose "smaller."  However, they can be used to give the nose a more balance shape which can potentially achieve the result of a reductions rhinoplasty.

Edward S. Kwak, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Nose Size Without Surgery

The purpose of rhinoplasty or any cosmetic procedure is to create a symmetrical, harmonious appearance to the face. In cases where the nose has small defects – for instance, an indentation, bump or sharp angle – I will use dermal fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm to even out the depressions and make the nose look smoother and more balanced. These injectables can last for up to a couple of years. However, they cannot decrease the length of the nose. If your main concern is avoiding surgery, the photo you provided shows that you might benefit by having a board-certified facial plastic surgeon augment your chin with fillers or even collagen stimulators such as Sculptra or Raidesse. This would create a profile that is more in harmony with your nose at its present length. However, if you are most interested in shortening your nose, then rhinoplasty is your best option.