Non-surgical Nose Job Procedures to Reduce Nose Size?

Are there any non-surgical procedures to make my nose smaller, or is surgery my only option?

Non surgical rhinoplasty isn't for big noses

Unfortunately injectable rhinoplasty by its very nature can't make your nose smaller. Very occasionally a 'liquid rhinoplasty' can create the illusion of a smaller nose, but this is rare. Injectable rhinoplasty is for creating straighter nasal bridges, straightening slightly bend noses and for 'touch ups' after rhinoplasty.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves using fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane to augment the nasal dorsum or tip region to create an improved look. I would caution against using Radiesse for this procedure. Your limited view shows that you would benefit more from a chin implant to improve your profile than adding filler to your nose. It's not feasible to decrease the size of your nose with fillers. Hope that helps.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: Benefits and Limitations

Injecting fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse, in the nose can be helpful for certain patients who would benefit from additional volume in certain specific areas. Adding filler can cause certain noses to appear less deviated, improve symmetry, and fill indentations after prior rhinoplasty. Sometimes, adding filler above a hump can make it appear less prominent. 

However, there is no nonsurgical way to make a nose smaller. I would recommend that you seek consultation with a surgeon who performs both traditional (surgical) rhinoplasty as well as nasal fillers. That way, you would have access to all the different options out there for your nose. Computer imaging is a very valuable exercise during the consultation, for you to express your aesthetic goals and for the surgeon to express what she/he could do with fillers vs. rhinoplasty. Lastly, from your photo, it appears that you may benefit from a chin implant as well, as a more projecting chin will make your nose appear more balanced with the rest of your face. 

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for the Big Nose

Technically it is not possible to reduce the size of the nose with a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty.  However, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can make some noses look smaller.  Some examples of change the shape to create the appearance of a smaller nose:

1. A nose with a deep radix and a large bony hump.

2. A nose with an deep angle between the upper lip and the bottom of the nose (acute naso-labial angle).

Based on the one profile photograph, I would recommend an endo-nasal reduction rhinoplasty.  However, in general it is best to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for more specific advice and photo-morphing to obtain the best results. 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty involves injections of fillers into the nose to alter shape.  While injections can camouflage undesired aspects such as a dorsal hump, it isn't possible to make a nose smaller with injections.  In your situation, surgery is really the only option. 

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Reducing nose size

While there is no method to reduce the size of the nose without nasal surgery the relative size of the nose can be made to appear smaller and more appropriately proportioned with lengthening of the chin (if indicated).  
In the case of a slightly larger nose and a short chin, increasing chin projection with an implant or a sliding genioplasty will help to improve facial harmony even if a reduction rhinoplasty cannot be done at the time.

Reducing nose size

Non surgical

A non surgical rhinoplasty uses safe reversible hyaluronic acid based fillers like Juvederm.  A doctor can contour a nose to hide asymmetries or mask bumps when they are subtle and/or if the patient cannot undergo surgery or desires not to. This procedure takes less than 10 minutes in an expert hands. Results last 1-3 years. No downtime after the procedure. However, the injection of the filler actually makes the nose larger not smaller. 

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Non surgical

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can't make a nose smaller

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involved placement of filler material to camouflage a hump or to even out contour irregularities. Unfortunately, making a nose smaller requires surgical intervention.

A chin implant helps reduce the appearance of a large nose

A large nose and a weak chin produces an unflattering profile. Accordingly it is not unusual for me to perform a chin augmentation at the time of a rhinoplasty and there are examples on my website. The  link is attached. Of course, there are no good nonsurgical remedies for a large nose. Many patients are naturally afraid of having surgery, but when you learn more about it, many of your concerns may be alleviated, particularly if you see an experienced plastic surgeon. I prefer total intravenous anesthesia, which offers an ideal balance of being asleep during surgery, but extremely safe and with a quick recovery.