Non-surgical Nose Job Procedures to Reduce Nose Size?

Are there any non-surgical procedures to make my nose smaller, or is surgery my only option?

Non surgical rhinoplasty isn't for big noses

Unfortunately injectable rhinoplasty by its very nature can't make your nose smaller. Very occasionally a 'liquid rhinoplasty' can create the illusion of a smaller nose, but this is rare. Injectable rhinoplasty is for creating straighter nasal bridges, straightening slightly bend noses and for 'touch ups' after rhinoplasty.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing nose size

While there is no method to reduce the size of the nose without nasal surgery the relative size of the nose can be made to appear smaller and more appropriately proportioned with lengthening of the chin (if indicated).  
In the case of a slightly larger nose and a short chin, increasing chin projection with an implant or a sliding genioplasty will help to improve facial harmony even if a reduction rhinoplasty cannot be done at the time.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for the Big Nose

Technically it is not possible to reduce the size of the nose with a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty.  However, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can make some noses look smaller.  Some examples of change the shape to create the appearance of a smaller nose:

1. A nose with a deep radix and a large bony hump.

2. A nose with an deep angle between the upper lip and the bottom of the nose (acute naso-labial angle).

Based on the one profile photograph, I would recommend an endo-nasal reduction rhinoplasty.  However, in general it is best to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for more specific advice and photo-morphing to obtain the best results. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves using fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane to augment the nasal dorsum or tip region to create an improved look. I would caution against using Radiesse for this procedure. Your limited view shows that you would benefit more from a chin implant to improve your profile than adding filler to your nose. It's not feasible to decrease the size of your nose with fillers. Hope that helps.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: Benefits and Limitations

Injecting fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse, in the nose can be helpful for certain patients who would benefit from additional volume in certain specific areas. Adding filler can cause certain noses to appear less deviated, improve symmetry, and fill indentations after prior rhinoplasty. Sometimes, adding filler above a hump can make it appear less prominent. 

However, there is no nonsurgical way to make a nose smaller. I would recommend that you seek consultation with a surgeon who performs both traditional (surgical) rhinoplasty as well as nasal fillers. That way, you would have access to all the different options out there for your nose. Computer imaging is a very valuable exercise during the consultation, for you to express your aesthetic goals and for the surgeon to express what she/he could do with fillers vs. rhinoplasty. Lastly, from your photo, it appears that you may benefit from a chin implant as well, as a more projecting chin will make your nose appear more balanced with the rest of your face. 

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Nose Job

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, there are currently no non-surgical options to reduce the size of ones nose.  If a patient is strictly concerned with masking a small dorsal hump (bump on the top of the nose) or with attempting to create the illusion of a straighter nasal bridge, it is possible that cosmetic fillers can be used as a temporary fix.  In my practice, these non-surgical nose jobs are growing in popularity and are a quick and easy fix for very specific cosmetic issues but, regrettably, size reduction is not one of them.  

Interestingly enough, I have found that increasing chin projection with cosmetic fillers can change the proportion of the nose in relation to the rest of the face and can therefore give the illusion of a smaller nose and might be something worth exploring.  I hope this helps and best of luck!

Nonsurgical Nose Job

Basically this is a LIQUID Rhinoplasty.  This means you use a filler like Restylane to fill in the nose.  So by definition you are making the nose larger not smaller.  It is used to fill in deformities and deficiencies like the bridge.  Many patients that have a HUMP can fill above it to give the illusion that their nose is straight.

Hope that helps

Rady Rahban, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty involves injections of fillers into the nose to alter shape.  While injections can camouflage undesired aspects such as a dorsal hump, it isn't possible to make a nose smaller with injections.  In your situation, surgery is really the only option. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Non surgical rhinoplasty generally refers to the use of fillers such as Juvederm to even out minor irregularities. Reduction of nasal structures generally requires the removal of cartilage and bone and cannot be accomplished without a surgical procedure.

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

Unfortunately, to date there are no non-surgical procedures to reduce the size of your nose. You may come across options for injectable rhinoplasty which can create the illusion of a straighter nose in the nasal bridge but it does not actually make your nose smaller. Also, this is a temporary solution as the filler will metabolize in your body and the procedure would need to be performed again. The best solution to decrease the size of your nose is to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon