Non-surgical Nose Job Procedures to Reduce Nose Size?

Are there any non-surgical procedures to make my nose smaller, or is surgery my only option?

Non surgical rhinoplasty isn't for big noses

Unfortunately injectable rhinoplasty by its very nature can't make your nose smaller. Very occasionally a 'liquid rhinoplasty' can create the illusion of a smaller nose, but this is rare. Injectable rhinoplasty is for creating straighter nasal bridges, straightening slightly bend noses and for 'touch ups' after rhinoplasty.

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves using fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane to augment the nasal dorsum or tip region to create an improved look. I would caution against using Radiesse for this procedure. Your limited view shows that you would benefit more from a chin implant to improve your profile than adding filler to your nose. It's not feasible to decrease the size of your nose with fillers. Hope that helps.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for the Big Nose

Technically it is not possible to reduce the size of the nose with a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty.  However, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can make some noses look smaller.  Some examples of change the shape to create the appearance of a smaller nose:

1. A nose with a deep radix and a large bony hump.

2. A nose with an deep angle between the upper lip and the bottom of the nose (acute naso-labial angle).

Based on the one profile photograph, I would recommend an endo-nasal reduction rhinoplasty.  However, in general it is best to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for more specific advice and photo-morphing to obtain the best results. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty involves injections of fillers into the nose to alter shape.  While injections can camouflage undesired aspects such as a dorsal hump, it isn't possible to make a nose smaller with injections.  In your situation, surgery is really the only option. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Reducing nose size

While there is no method to reduce the size of the nose without nasal surgery the relative size of the nose can be made to appear smaller and more appropriately proportioned with lengthening of the chin (if indicated).  
In the case of a slightly larger nose and a short chin, increasing chin projection with an implant or a sliding genioplasty will help to improve facial harmony even if a reduction rhinoplasty cannot be done at the time.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: Benefits and Limitations

Injecting fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse, in the nose can be helpful for certain patients who would benefit from additional volume in certain specific areas. Adding filler can cause certain noses to appear less deviated, improve symmetry, and fill indentations after prior rhinoplasty. Sometimes, adding filler above a hump can make it appear less prominent. 

However, there is no nonsurgical way to make a nose smaller. I would recommend that you seek consultation with a surgeon who performs both traditional (surgical) rhinoplasty as well as nasal fillers. That way, you would have access to all the different options out there for your nose. Computer imaging is a very valuable exercise during the consultation, for you to express your aesthetic goals and for the surgeon to express what she/he could do with fillers vs. rhinoplasty. Lastly, from your photo, it appears that you may benefit from a chin implant as well, as a more projecting chin will make your nose appear more balanced with the rest of your face. 

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical options for reduction rhinoplasty... None

Who doesn't want surgical results without surgery?  There is no way to remove cartilage and bone from the nose without surgery.  I would go further to say that in  general, if someone is advertising "without surgery", the results will be minimal if any at all.  It's like when Oprah had "The Non-surgical Facelift" showcasing a device called Thermage on her show.  Our phones range off the hook.  The technology did not even come close to facelift results.
Find a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one that does rhinoplasty.  See my answer on Finding the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon on Realself.Thanks for your question.All my best!

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. An injectable is in essence a filler, and usually makes the nose larger or augments it. However to make the new smaller and remove the hump, a rhinoplasty is needed. This is the only way to achieve the general goals you want, which is to make the nose smaller and more refined. 

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty options

Non surgical Rhinoplasty refers to the injection of gel fillers under the sin of the nose to change its shape. By nature this can only add volume to the nose not subtract it. It can however camouflage certain nasal features to improve the shape and may be an option for some patients.

Have a computer imaging session with and experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon to see what would be possible and what would give the best result.with either surgery or non surgical techniques.

Good luck!

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

Unfortunately, there is no way to make the nose smaller non-surgically.

I would suggest talking with a plastic surgeon about any fears you may have about surgery for the nose.  In general it is very safe, very successful, and the recovery is not bad at all.