Nipple Sensation After Gynecomastia Surgery, Will They Ever Stay Tightened?

I am 3 months post op after gynecomastia surgery with a very experienced surgeon. After a cool shower the results look fantastic as my nipples are completely "tight" and normal looking. Unfortunately when I'm warm and relaxed my nipples seem to protrude. I can go from moobs when I wake up to a fantastic chest 2 minutes later after a cool shower. Will my nipple ever go back to being constantly tight around my pecs and normal looking all or the time? Thanks for any advice

Nipple Sensation After Gynecomastia Surgery

The loss of #sensation is a possible side effect of #gynecomastia surgery. However, as the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience #numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent.The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff

Normal areolar function will persist after gynecomastia excision.

What you're describing is normal physiologic responses in the areola. Whether or not tightness will persist can be determined only after swelling is completely resolved.

Puffy nipples after surgery

What you are describing is pretty normal. There is a little muscle (called smooth muscle) with the areola skin which surrounds the nipple. When the muscle is relaxed you see the puffiness. When cold, or stimulated, the muscle tightens and flattens the nipple area. If it continues to bother you there is another procedure that can be done but it will place a circular scar around the areola. Wiat it out and see what happens. good luck.