What can be done to correct one eye larger than the other?

I'm noticing asymmetry in my face, that wasn't there when I was younger. I'm 35. One eye is completely larger than the other (left bigger than right) and the left side of my face looks aged less. I hate it. I want to be as symmetrical as possible. Do I have ptosis? Is it caused by hypothyroidism or other auto immune disorders?

Eye size asymmetry

Eye size asymmetry could be due to many factors including upper or lower eyelid position difference (such as ptosis or eyelid retraction) vs. eyeball position difference (one eye more bulging or larger). It is difficult to tell the exact problem in yours although the left lower eyelid seems a bit more retracted. Best to see an oculoplastic specialist. See link below too.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Asymmetry

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  I'm not sure that I can make an accurate diagnosis with only this information and the asymmetry is difficult to appreciate in what you have provided.  You may want to schedule a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to discuss your case and consider bloodwork to check your thyroid hormone levels.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have mild upper eyelid ptosis with a compensatory eyebrow elevation.

You also have crepey skin on the upper eyelid platform and upper eyelid lash ptosis.  You need a customized upper eyelid surgery that I call Structured Microblepharoplasty.  For you this will need to include a repair of your upper eyelid anterior levator dehiscence which will address the ptosis and help encourage anterior orbital fat forward so the upper eyelid sulcus is not so hollow.  You also need an anchor blepharoplasty which snugs the eyelid platform skin and muscle like one snugs a bedsheet. This smooths the platform skin and supports the upper eyelid lashes so they are perky.