Should I stop taking vyvanse 1 month before rhinoplasty?

I talk 60 mg of vyvanse a day. My doctor has not said anything about stopping it, but I do sometimes get a red nose when I take it. I don't know if this is due to vasoconstriction, and I am worried this could affect my surgery/ healing. Any advice is appreciated!

Should I stop taking Vyvanse one month before rhinoplasty?

In our practice, we allow patients to take their Vyvanse before and after their surgery and never seen an issue with it. It's always best to check your operative surgeon, since they are the ones performing your surgery.

Vyvanse

Medical literature does not suggest stopping Vyvanse prior to surgery; however, ask your plastic surgeon as well as the doctor who prescribed the Vyvanse.

Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Vyvanse

Medical literature suggests that amphetine class of drugs do not need to be stopped before surgery; however, mention this to your surgeon and your anesthesiologist to ensure they are aware of this. 

Vyvanse

I would speak with your doctor. Don't be shy to bring it up in fear he will have you stop the medication. ADHD medications are typically not stopped before surgery. More likely are those that present bleeding/healing risks. That said, please bring it up with your doctor so you can both formulate the game plan. 

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon