I need help finding the perfect surgeon to perform rhinoplasty in Sinaloa Mexico (Photo)

I'm 23 years old and I'm now ready to fix this flaw of mine.I took a vacation to Mexico D.F and I was conversating with a "tourist" who told me she was actually there for a post op consultation for her nose. I was amazed when she told me that!! Her nose looked perfectly natural & she mentioned her doctor was in Sinaloa Mexico but unfortunately I didn't get any contact information. I prefer to go get it done in Mexico because pricing is more convinent for me. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Rhinoplasty in Mexico not always a Good Idea

Dear darlalala.18, I would suggest that you seek consultations with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery here in the United States where there are many expert surgeons at reasonable fees. I can not express to you how many patients I see in my office from Mexico with less then satisfactory post operative results for rhinoplasty surgery. You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and in the hands of an expert surgeon you should expect a very nice result. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the proposed changes to your nose. Once the desired nose is agreed upon the techniques that will be used to attain the desired result will be discussed. You will also have the opportunity to many before and after photographs to ensure the surgeon performs natural looking rhinoplasty procedures. See examples in the link below and video above as well as many other videos on my public profile and see my special for realself patients.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

I need help finding the perfect rhinoplasty surgeon

Rhinoplasty is the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so shop quality, not price since the nose is the most central feature on your face. We have seen disastrous results from patients going to Mexico for elective facial cosmetic surgery. In addition, the post operative follow-up appointments are just as important as the actual surgery itself to manage the soft-tissue envelope over the  Cartilaginous framework of the nose. Make appointments with the three busiest rhinoplasty surgeons in your area and have it done in the United States.

Key questions

Price and location are important. But at least as important is making sure that you are in the hands of a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon. Your nose has thick skin and likely soft cartilages and you need a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. In the US a busy rhinoplasty surgeon does between 50-100 rhinoplasty a year. Please find out how many any surgeon you see is doing per year and also how many revisions. Great rhinoplasty surgeons typically do at least 50 % revisions. Hope this helps as you search :)

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Medical Tourism

I advise getting surgery in Mexico. You live  in Los Angeles, where there are plenty of great surgeons operating in safe operating rooms, something that can't be said in places abroad. There has been an surge in the number of aggressive antibiotic resistant infections from the Caribbean and Central America. Save your money and/or get financed by one of the companies that specialize in cosmetic financing: Care Credit, Prosper Healthcare, or Alphaeon Credit. Best of luck

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. There are surgeons in the USA who will be able to assist you with financing as well.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeon in Mexico?

whenever someone has surgery such as rhinoplasty they should have their surgeon available for postoperative problems. There are many fine rhinoplasty surgeon's in the Los Angeles area to choose from. Look at their websites and have several consultations about what you want. 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and with so many experts locally and so much competition over fees I would recommend having your surgery in California where follow up would be easier.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD