Small hole in T section 6 weeks after breast lift- is it gonna heal by itself? I am scared it will grow bigger. (photos)

I had my implants removed and got breast lift exacyly 6 weeks ago. I was healing very well, until yesterda whan I noticed some pus discharge on mu bra from the Section where the two scars meet, in the T. So, I read that it might be my sustures coming out, or an infection. There is a small hole, with some pus. What to do to avoid this getting bigger. Is this a reason of concern? Do I need to contact my PS for it? Thank you!

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - Small hole in T section

As long as you don't have an implant, it should heal well on its own.  (It may do so even if you have an implant but there are, in that case, additional concerns).You should talk to your own plastic surgeon about this as only he or she knows exactly what was done, and what tissues are involved.  It looks like it will heal well on its own, but that's not a determination that can be made via this forum.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Small hole in T section 6 weeks after breast lift- is it gonna heal by itself?

Superficial separation of incision lines happen occasionally after breast lifting operations. Most of the time these incisions go on to heal nicely without further intervention (except possible suture removal).  Generally, close follow-up with the plastic surgeon involved is important to help with management of the incision line, removal of any deeper sutures that may delay healing, antibiotic coverage if necessary and evaluation of the wound  for signs of infection..

Breast implants removed - now drainage from "T" incision

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.
  • Things are going to be fine - but I understand why you would be concerned.
  • You appear to have an internal suture coming to the surface.
  • Contact your plastic surgeon and ask if s/he can remove it for you.
  • The 'pus' is almost certainly liquified suture.
  • Once the suture is gone, your body should heal this up very quickly.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift

A small area of wound healing problem could be a suture reaction. See your plastic surgeon, if it is the suture then he/she can remove the suture, clean the wound and give you instruction on wound care and follow up till you are healed.

Hole

Yes, please contact your surgeon and ask to be seen. This may be from dissolving sutures not dissolving well, but you do want to avoid any infection. Your surgeon can check you and give you the best advice.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon