I developed Hidradenitis superativa due to my implants down the center of my chest . Should I remove my implants ?

I have had my implants for 1 1/2 but soon after noticed pimple like holes down the cleavage area they leak and got diagnosed with Hidradenitis seperativa . Should I remove my implants? If so will I look somewhat the same I was a small C now I am a DD 600 CCs

I have never seen anyone actually get hidradenitis superativa due to breast implants.  I have seen women get transient acne break outs in the chest area but these usually resolve.  I would have a dermatologist try and treat this condition before considering removing your implants.  Best of luck to you

Hidradenitis does not happen as a result of implants but the infection  in the chest area could cause problems with the implants. Stay in close touch with your surgeon and dermatologist. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hidradenitis: Relation to Breast Implants

Thank you for your question regarding breast implants and hidradenitis.     As you may know,  hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic disease of the skin, which usually starts around puberty.  It commonly occurs around hair follicles with many oil and sweat glands, such as in the armpits, groin and anal area.  It may also effect the under-breast or inframammary area.  Although I have not seen it in the cleavage area, this region is certainly possible. 
Breast implants are not the cause of this condition, but if your breasts are very large and there is a good deal of sweating or skin contact in the area, it may make the condition more irritating.  I would recommend seeing a specialist who can help you control the disease and not remove your implants at this time.  My concern is that your implants being 600cc are large, and that you may have droop when your implants are removed.   Hope this helps, and best wishes.

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Hidradenitis in the middle of chest is quite rare. Please be evaluated by breast specialist in your local area to determine if there is any connection of your implants with sternal infections

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Needs evaluation

Hidradenitis should be managed in order to prevent a spread of infection to your breast.You don't have to remove the implants, only keep the hidradenitis at bay and controlled.