Will I need a revision? (photo)

I had a septo-rhinoplasty 8 days ago and I'm really upset with the results. I now feel like I have a very short nose with no projection. I also am worried that I have a low radix and a scooped dorsum. I'm a 6 ft 2 male and I just feel like it doesn't fit my face. Help. How can I correct this?

Rhinoplasty at 8 days

Your profile looks fine. At 8 days you are like still swollen and it is very early in the healing process. Best of luck.

Revision Rhinoplasty and swelling

It's difficult to gauge where your nose was before.  Usually we also judge nasal projection relative to the chin which is also not in the picture.  Unfortunately, 8 days is simply to early to judge your nose.  You may feel like your nose appears scooped or it has a low radix because the bottom half of your nose is more swollen than the top.  Do your best to put the mirrors away and let your nose heal.  Revision rhinoplasties take more than a year for the swelling to subside though most of what you want to see will happen in the first 3 weeks but remember the nose will still be swollen even at that point.  Make sure you share your feelings with your surgeon so he can advise you about options while the nose is healing.  Good Luck!

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will you need a revision?

It is way too early to tell at this point. Swelling from nasal surgery takes many months to even out and resolve. I would just continue follow up with your surgeon and they should be able to walk you through the process. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon