Muscle spasm or nerve damage after fat transfer?

I had fat transfer done 2 weeks ago to my hips only and for couple of days now when I get up from a sitting position to walk I get this shocking feeling in my right thigh where I had the fat transfer. What could be the cause of this and is it normal?

Post Fat Transfer Symptoms to Hips

It's not typical to have severe symptoms after surgery, I'd suggest consulting with your surgeon.

Fat Transfer Concerns

Sorry you are having this problem. Chances are the issues you are describing are secondary to temporary neuropraxia, or nerve irritation that will resolve with time. As a precaution, I would check with your surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Fat injection and nerve sensation

It certainly sounds reasonable that the fat injection may have irritated the muscle or sensory nerves in the area. It often gets better with time.  If concerned, it is always best to see your surgeon. Best of luck.