Supplements and Vitmains before Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am getting a Brazilian butt lift this upcoming Tuesday and I'm currently taking vitamin C. I bought Arnica pills and was wondering when should I start taking prior to surgery and how long afterwards post op should I continue taking it? Also, should I buy stool softener? If so, when should I start and stop this? Any other recommendations? And how else should I prepare?

Supplements/vitamins

This really differs per practice seeing as every surgeon has a slightly different post operative protocol. Vitamin C can aid in recovery and reduce inflammation so it is beneficial to take that daily. This is what I generally recommend for my patients pre and post operatively for daily good health: Vitamin C with rose hips 1000mg 3xdaily,  Zinc 50mg daily, L-Arginine 1000mg daily, Probiotic daily (recommend probiotic America obtained off the internet), Organic apple cider vinegar (2teasoons in 8oz glass 3x 1day), High protein diet (es. Chicken, fish, lentils, quinoa, brown rice), and Alkalinize your body (es. Dark leafy vegetables, fruits, etc). You can begin taking your Arnica 2 days prior, every 8 hours for the next 10 days and begin your stool softener at the first signs of constipation occuring. I hope this helps. Best of luck. 

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to stop vitamins and keep taking iron, and also to buy all your post surgical medication and after surgery start taking vitamin c again, you should have stoped them two weeks before. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Every surgeon has his/her own recommendations for pre and post op care.  Please consult your doctor who knows your medical history and can advice you for the proper protocol. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Vitamin preparation for BBL

I recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon as he/she will have their own recommendations and protocol for optimal results. Your surgeon also knows your specific medical history and can tailor advice to you. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective pre op and post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Vitamins before Brazilian Buttock Lift

Brazilian Buttock Lift involves liposuction and fat transfer to the hips and buttocks.  Generally an individual that is well nourished and healthy doesn't need extra vitamins or supplements.

Things like Arnica may reduce bruising and swelling.  

I hope this helps!