Why do most doctors insert the fat in the upper region of the buttocks in a BBL? (photo)

I've seen many bbl's and it seems like the butts always look unnatural because of the way the fat is inserted in only the top half of the butt. Is this the only way it can be done? Because when I have my bbl, my main priority is to shape and fill the bottom half so it looks good in jeans.

Why do most doctors insert the fat in the upper region of the buttocks in a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Actually it has been done like that because to help the patient to not have a visual scar, it looks nicer and it gives the buttocks a better and heart shape appearance.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

My goal is to increase the projection and the roundness of the buttock as well as lift the buttock.  To get this change, fat is added to multiple areas.

It's a good question. The fat should be distributed throughout the buttocks and focused in areas that require the most additional volume. Where to place the fat is based on each person's specific and anatomy. The goal of the procedure is to create round buttocks and have a gentle S curve that starts at the waist and continues into the hip, buttocks, and thighs.

Thank you for your question and photo. Based on this single view posterior photo your anatomical landmarks are blurred. Your buttocks start at the buttock creases and should end at the level of the pelvic rim or below it. In your case, the upper buttocks bland into the lower back and large hip rolls without an anatomic definition. In someone like you, the surgeon needs to create an upper buttock shelf (this is determined via a comprehensive physical examination), fill in the lateral depressions, remove and round off the large hip rolls to give you a more rounded appearance and not a square look from the back. Placing the fat too low in the buttocks, can give a less than desirable result (like you had an accident in your jeans). To achieve an aesthetically beautiful result, one most be familiar with what is the beautiful normal. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Fat placement in BBL

The placement of fat really depends on what you are trying to accomplish in a BBL. I like to distribute the fat so that the buttock has a natural shape with liposuction that contours the waist and hips. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Placement of fat in BBL.

The fat can be placed anywhere it is needed. I agree with you that the placement is often needed at the lower part of the buttocks and also on the lateral hip areas. Sometimes the fat shifts when the patient sits or lies on the area that has been treated, and sometimes there is pre-existing excess fat at the upper part of the buttock. Sometimes the upper buttock area needs to be reduced with liposuction.

Most plastic surgeons doing BBL advise their patients to avoid pressure to the treated areas for 3 to 6 weeks after the procedure. This can be facilitated by using a special pillow which is placed under the thighs to prevent pressure on the buttocks.

Good luck.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Where to put the fat

The aesthetic final results after BBL is dependent on what the patient looks like before the procedure and how the procedure is performed.

Some patients musculoskeletal structure and underlying fat distribution make an excellent candidate to get great results while others do not have the potential of getting the same type of results.

Where the The fat is placed or how the procedure is performed as perhaps simply related to the inherent artistic skill, confidence or expertise of the provider.

The fat should be placed in the right place not necessarily upper lower inner or outer simply where it will make the patient look the best.

When the procedure is done correctly on someone who's a good candidate the results are stunning it's a simple as that.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD