I'm not happy with my oblong face and gummy smile. Please help me improve my face. (photo)

I would like to change: 1. My face is oblong and I do have a gummy smile. 2. I have a dominant nose with a large tip. It coud be done, but there is still a huge space between my nose and my lip. 3. On the side you can see that my lips / Lower Jaw is more upfront than my cheeks / Eye area. I thought about a jaw surgery, but the costs are too high so maybe I would go with a nosejob, cheek fillers and a gummy smile correction. Thank you very much

Facial Reshaping

The combination of a rhinoplasty, cheek implants and a lowering maxillary vestibulplasty (gummy smile correction) would be a good combination as the first procedure. A subnasal lip lift can be done secondarily to shorten the distance between the nose and the lip.

Facial rejuvenation

A rhinoplasty and soem facial fillers can be a nice start for you.  Best to be evaluated in person. All the best.

What to do with the oblong face etc.?

hairline lowering with a conservative brow lift, rhinoplasty and chin implant are what would help you greatly. Should be done using the irregular trichophytic forehead incision which we developed. Make sure you look at the surgeons results to make sure they are natural And no scar is seen. 

Rhinoplasty and fillers

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Fillers can also be injected to make your face appear les long.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty can address the tip of your nose, as you indicated in your question. The distance between the nose and the upper lip, also called the nasolabial angle, is key to aesthetic beauty and should be between 95 and 110 degrees. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. You will benefit from the in-person examination. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon