how do i get my face back after Voluma? (photos)

dr injected voluma on one side of my cheek hollow bc he pointed out that my cheek hollow was deeper on one side. resulted in overfilled appearance on one side and asymmetry galore., loss of cheekbone. 5 rounds of hyaluronidase, but he is not putting hyaluronidase where voluma was injected and he is unyieling and says he put it in the back of the hollow, not under the hollow or in the front. pictures are self explanatory. where do i remove to get my face back? dr injected under smas. am i stuck?

How long will Voluma last if injected to one side of my face and not the other?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I understand you have had Voluma followed by hyaluronidase injections.  Asymmetric placement of filler in not uncommon.  In your case pre-injection pictures would be helpful.  Voluma is generally more resistant to hyaluronidase and requires more applications.  In time the results of Voluma will naturally dissipate, it is not permanent.  Some doctors may consider augmenting the opposite side to create more symmetry.

Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

I'm sorry you've had a poor experience with your Voluma injection. To echo some of the previous comments, you may simply need more hyaluronidase injections to help reverse the problem area(s). Additionally, if you feel your current doctor isn't hearing your concerns, you should seek a second opinion to hear another practitioner's opinion. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Voluma is one of my favorite products to inject because it gives great results.  Asymmetry from Voluma may need to be dissolved with Hyaluronidase several times since the substance is much thicker than regular Juvederm.  Please consult an expert to correct the Voluma. It will go away but can take time.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma and Swelling -- Hyaluronidase and Venus Legacy

It takes a number of treatments to reverse voluma, as this type of cross linking is very tight and needs more hyaluronidase than other fillers. It often takes RF treatment to help improve the results. Please consult with an expert if you do not feel confident with your current physician. Best, Dr. Emer

Asymmetry and hyalurionidase use

Treating asymmetry can be challenging, but most often can be improved significantly with judicious use of filler and hyaluronidase injections.  Hyaluronidase should be used to directly remove undesired filler in specific areas of the face.  It generally does not effect other tissues and should not be used to "dissolve" natural tissues of the face (e.g. SMAS, facial fat, other soft tissue).

Either completely removing all of the Voluma in your face with hyaluronidase injections directly to those areas, or a combination of Voluma in areas of deficiency and hyaluronidase in areas that are too full will help improve asymmetry and improve your appearance.

Also, remember that over time (1.5 to 2 years), Voluma will completely dissolve and disappear.  If you did not seek any further treatment, you will eventually go back to your appearance before your injections.  You are not "stuck" with what you have.

Best of luck with your decisions and treatment.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

How do i get my face back after Voluma? (photos)

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  If you are unsatisfied with the treatment of your current injector you may wish to seek a second opinion to see what can be done to further dissolve the Voluma.  Voluma does require a number of hyaluronidase treatments to fully resolve, but 5 should have been sufficient by now.