is 6ml of voluma a large amount to have in the face for a 23 year old ?

I have always lacked volume in my face over the past few months I have had 3ml of voluma 2 in the chin and 1 in between both cheeks I want to double this eventually ? are there any physical disadvantages of having so much so young

Is 6ml of Voluma a large amount for a 23 year old?

Everyone's face is different, so some people may need more Voluma than others to achieve the desired result.  I would say that 6cc of Voluma does seem like a lot for a 23 year old, but without examining you or seeing photos of you, it is impossible to know if that is a good amount for you or not.  I would say there is not a disadvantage of having Voluma at age 23, as long as it is appropriately used.    

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma amount

While every patient's face is different with its own unique needs, I would say that 6 cc of Voluma for one so young is a bit much. However, without seeing you in person, that is just a guess. I don't see any disadvantages of having so much so young other than it might be too much volume and you may be unhappy with the results. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is safe

Six cc can be what it takes to help your face.
It is fine and safe if you need that much to volumize your face.

Is 6ml of Voluma a large amount?

Thank you for your question. Without an in-person exam it is difficult to say how much Voluma is ideal in your case. If you are not happy with your current results and want to add additional volume, you can gradually add more syringes of Voluma. If you were my patient, I would have you return in 2 weeks after the swelling has gone down to determine if you want subsequent injections. I recommend you see an expert injector, such as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine the number of syringes needed to achieve your desired look.

Its difficult to know without seeing pictures, but this depends on your aesthetic goals

I don't know how you determined that you want to double this amount in the future. That determination should be made by you and your doctor.

If you still feel you need additional volume, you may want to consider smaller amounts, one syringe, each visit. 

If you are trying to maintain your current results and you are happy, you can return to your doctor in about a year to maintain your results.

The disadvantages of additional amounts may include overcorrection and the long term costs at your age.  If you are overcorrected hyaluronidase can dissolve the excess.

Hope this helps.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Voluma do you need

Without looking at any photos or seeing you in person and knowing that you are only 23 years old, 6 mL of Voluma does sound like a lot. However, everyone's face is different and you may actually need 6 mL. What you have done so far doesn't sound unreasonable. If you have a severally hypoplastic or recessed chin, I could see using 2 mL. Younger Voluma patients of mine usually get 1-2 syringes into the cheeks (combined). Again, we would need to see a photo to give you a better idea but Voluma is extremely safe and when injected by an expert, I don't see you running into any problems even with 6 mL. 

Widening your face isn't a good option

I don't think you should attempt to widen your face.  You are already very attractive and this may not give you the desired effect.  What has been determined to be universally beautiful is a heart or egg shaped face which you already have.  You do have some mid cheek loss of volume, so if I were to recommend anything it would be a bit of filler such as Voluma into your upper cheeks.  If you wanted to get a bit more filled out in the central cheek because you feel hollow, then Sculptra would be a good choice, but go very easy because you want it to look natural.  

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon