Possible to correct rib graft bridge alignment with closed Rhinoplasty?

I had a augmentation rhinoplasty over a year ago and the rib graft placed in the center bridge to between my eyes is slightly crooked. One side with edge showing and the other side a little hollow. I want to reposition the graft so that it appears in the center. Can this be corrected with a simple in office procedure or do I have to do this all over again in a hospital? Can this be corrected via closed rhinoplasty? Thanks!

Revision rhinoplasty

A rib graft and move with time and has to be completely removed.  After that a new graft has to be placed.  It can be done in some cases with closed technique but cannot be done as a simple office procedure.

Regards

Dr. J

Revision rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards

Dr. J

Rib graft

Rob graft can bend or warp and may need to be completely removed and modified if possible. Sometimes a new graft is needed. This is more than a simple office procedure. Best of luck.

Rib graft

Need a detailed evaluation!

Rib cartilage is a tricky graft because it can warp over time.  It depends on how warped the cartilage is. The need to reshape it and use a fascia graft over it may be needed.  The open vs. closed technique all depends on what would benefit you the most.  I would advise you to see a rhinoplasty specialist with a lot of experience.  Good luck!

Need a detailed evaluation!

Can a rib graft be revised?

If the rib graft is bone, it can be modified, if it is something as minor rasping or onlay cartilage may be employed.

If it is rib cartilage, an additional small onlay may also be placed, or the opposite side carved thinner.  

If the entire bone or cartilage needs to be re-positioned this may be best accomplished using an open technique. 

The extent of the procedure depends on your presenting issues.  I would suggest that you return to your original surgeon and discuss these concerns

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a rib graft be revised?

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon